The bench....
Grinds my gears this, what the fuck is that all about

Sub Keeper - Fine

Ivanovic - Centre half cover who can also play right back

Gibbs - Left back cover, OK if you must

Peltier - Why? Right back or a very poor left back, nothing else

Gallagher - Fine

HRK - Back up striker - Fine

Furlong - Another right back? Can cover at LB or CH, so why the fuck do you need Peltier?

Sawyers - Fair enough

Grant - Again, fair enough

Really surprised Grady was nowhere to be seen after a week back on the training ground, we know he's a matchwinner on his day, Grosicki despite being involved in our "slight" upturn in form seems to have been bombed and is training on his own, shocking, can't tell me he shouldn't be on that bench tonight, and finally Edwards, again much better option than Peltier

Surely the whole idea of a bench is to give you as many options as possible, we've 4 defenders there, and more full back cover than you can shake a stick at!

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(02-03-2021, 12:50 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Grinds my gears this, what the fuck is that all about

Sub Keeper - Fine

Ivanovic - Centre half cover who can also play right back

Gibbs - Left back cover, OK if you must

Peltier - Why? Right back or a very poor left back, nothing else

Gallagher - Fine

HRK - Back up striker - Fine

Furlong - Another right back? Can cover at LB or CH, so why the fuck do you need Peltier?

Sawyers - Fair enough

Grant - Again, fair enough

Really surprised Grady was nowhere to be seen after a week back on the training ground, we know he's a matchwinner on his day, Grosicki despite being involved in our "slight" upturn in form seems to have been bombed and is training on his own, shocking, can't tell me he shouldn't be on that bench tonight, and finally Edwards, again much better option than Peltier

Surely the whole idea of a bench is to give you as many options as possible, we've 4 defenders there, and more full back cover than you can shake a stick at!

Cuzer

My thoughts exactly Cuzer.  Why not stick Diaby on there?
Agree Cuzer, shambles.
Edwards has something different (shown by the goals he’s scored for us) as does Grosiki

They are both better wide left options than Grant, who despite some thinking can play there continues to contribute very little when he appears; besides passing it backwards & sideways

Treatment of Grosiki bizarre
Agree again why have 4 defenders on the bench when you can only ever make 3 defensive substitutions.
Glad it's not just me, get the impression the "old school" mentality of Sam is he only wants experience and tried and trusted, see Field, Harper being bombed out, Edwards allowed to leave and as for Grosicki who the fuck knows????

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
The way Grosicky has been treated by the club is nothing short of disgusting.
(02-03-2021, 09:49 AM)Atomic Wrote: The way Grosicky has been treated by the club is nothing short of disgusting.

Obviously something not right. Maybe his attitude. Bilic barely used him either.
(02-03-2021, 09:46 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Glad it's not just me, get the impression the "old school" mentality of Sam is he only wants experience and tried and trusted, see Field, Harper being bombed out, Edwards allowed to leave and as for Grosicki who the fuck knows????

Cuzer

Harper needs to play football on a weekly basis if he is ever going to be any use for us. For the same reason it's a real shame we weren't able to get Edwards out on loan too. Field, it would have been great to see, but I'm not sure throwing him in at the deep end would have benefitted his confidence. Look at the stick O'Shea gets every week.

Grosicki has been out of favour with two very different managers so I suspect the rumours of him being a poor trainer are true.
(02-03-2021, 09:49 AM)Atomic Wrote: The way Grosicky has been treated by the club is nothing short of disgusting.

He’s a couple of million quid better off for it mind!

Totally agree with the OP though, when we desperately needed to freshen things up after an hour last night there was nothing that really filled me with confidence, and let’s face it, Grant and HRK aren’t what you want to throw on when in need of a goal. 

We get 9 bloody subs now...

Button, Gibbs, Ivanovic, Furlong, Gallagher (who should have started), Grosicki, Diang/Edwards, HRK, Grant.

Every position covered and a few bloody options