Appleton next year?
Who ever is in charge is just a nodding dog to be honest.
(02-02-2021, 10:55 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:53 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:50 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:49 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:44 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Lincoln flying along and will be close to promotion by looks of it. 

He’s cut his managerial teeth and it seems to be clear he’ll be in one day so we will see what the end of the season brings. 

My guess is Allardyce won’t fancy a season in the Championship so I expect Appy to finally be in the hot seat.

Wonderful...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbUu1vvewfIHauo2EzJB2...g&usqp=CAU]

Nick you can keep saying this with 0 evidence but it just makes you look dumber than you normally do.

And you, on another thread, have effectively wished relegation on your own club.

My personal opinion is that I don't want Appleton here.

Yes but I do have a slightly hyperbolic sense of dark humour.

The second part, fine, I can get that. But your argument that he's a nodding dog and a puppet, when he's entire playing and coaching career says the exact fucking opposite is baffling.

I love that you’re actually trying to engage with Nick Birdy, when you know as well as anyone that he just loves excuses to post that picture for bites.

It’s just another means to troll for him.
(02-02-2021, 11:14 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:49 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Wonderful...

Nick you can keep saying this with 0 evidence but it just makes you look dumber than you normally do.

And you, on another thread, have effectively wished relegation on your own club.

The second part, fine, I can get that. But your argument that he's a nodding dog and a puppet, when he's entire playing and coaching career says the exact fucking opposite is baffling.

I love that you’re actually trying to engage with Nick Birdy, when you know as well as anyone that he just loves excuses to post that picture for bites.

Yeah I know.

I've stopped engaging with Ziz for now. I see stupid posts and I must say something, that's the problem.
(02-02-2021, 11:15 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:50 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Nick you can keep saying this with 0 evidence but it just makes you look dumber than you normally do.

Yeah I know.

I've stopped engaging with Ziz for now. I see stupid posts and I must say something, that's the problem.

That’s always been my problem. I know it’s all trolling and fishing for reactions but I still give them what they want.

Nope.

I genuinely don't want him at my club.

You bite at anything.
Appleton has done a phenomenal job at Lincoln. Exactly the sort of manager we need.

Cook would also be a sound choice. Wigan at home was the best opposition performance I saw last season.
(02-02-2021, 11:01 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Fair enough.

I think he'd come to a bigger club like ours and be too pally with the blokes of Dowling.

It's a No from me. My opinion.

Appleton strikes me as his own man with loads of integrity if you check his managerial background.  But it does help if you can 'get along' with the boss otherwise the relationship breaks down pretty quickly.  The gaffer may be an arse but he's the boss. I reckon Slav's relationship broke down with Dowling around August, may have been before. 

There are two obvious candidates at the moment Eddie Howe and Frank Lampard.  

I have another who doesn't have much experience as yet,  but is very highly regarded and whose star is in the ascendency.  And he's a former Baggie to boot.    Could be just the kind of appointment to bring a completely fresh approach to the whole club.   Wink
(02-02-2021, 10:52 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: And that’s saying something.

Serious question. Why would Appleton leave newly promoted Lincoln to join a clusterfuck like us - he doesnt come across as someone just chasing the money.

Serious question. Are you being serious?

Lincoln, historically a lower division club on par with Walsall with 5,000 crowds. Us, a traditional top flight/top second tier club with a rich history and a full Hawthorns of five times as many fans in normal times.

That's not even mentioning his watertight affiliation to the club.
Ultimately, if Appleton had 0 Albion connections, would we still be interested? I'd say yes. He's a young coach who looks like getting promoted to the league we'll be in anyway, playing good football.

Nick is perfectly entitled to think he'd be a "nodding dog" (not sure what that really means in football terms but hey ho) and everyone else is entitled to think all of the available evidence points to the exact opposite. Posting the puppet picture repeatedly to fish for reactions is childish but we're none of us perfect. Anyway, isn't an employee supposed to do what their boss says? Next time I get told to get rewire the server I'll try the "I'm not your puppet!" approach Big Grin
I just cannot wait for the summer for Gibbs, Ivanovic, HRK etc to be released and we can get some young, hungry players in and begin again. That recruitment is more key than a coach IMO as we likely need a keeper, two full backs, a centre half, two midfielders and a strier.

Appy or Cook would be fine for me but we need to get back to that Ashworth- Hodgson model ASAP with a coach who buys into it and a TD who spots Mulumbus and Olssons rather than Zohores and Ivanovics.