Don’t give up
I gave up the moment they sacked Bilic (who we begged to join us 10 months previous) and replaced him with a dinosaur manager known for playing hoof ball with expensively assembled sides.

This state of Sam's results show how much Bilic overachieved.
(02-03-2021, 10:14 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 09:35 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:43 PM)wba13 Wrote: I know it’s virtually certain we will go down, but I won’t give up. We have 3 possibly 4 new players to come in they will be better than we have already it only takes I result to start a run.  I have never given up on us even in the dark days under Saunders and Gould so I certainly won’t now we’re still a premiership team.

I'm going to sound like a broken record but the back four is the back four. Perm any 4 from Bartley, Gibbs, Ivanovic, Townsend, O'Shea and Furlong and it doesn't matter who you pick they will ship goals. A bit of extra screening in front of them will make no difference imo as crosses will still come in and flapping will still occur.

I'd feel happier if we had a manager who could organise a defensive structure in place but it transpires we've found one that can't coach the basics.

We are down. I'm at peace with it.....

Peachy, you've left Ajayi out of your defensive ID parade. Is that because he's usually not even in camera shot on the action replay of a conceded goal? Does he even know he's meant to be a defender?

So I did. Just a simple mistake. He's been as guilty as the rest....
(02-03-2021, 10:19 AM)brada_wba Wrote: I gave up the moment they sacked Bilic (who we begged to join us 10 months previous) and replaced him with a dinosaur manager known for playing hoof ball with expensively assembled sides.

This state of Sam's results show how much Bilic overachieved.

Don’t get me wrong I wrongly wanted Bilic to stay but 7 points from 13 games in the premiership you can see why we sacked him .
I didn’t want Allardyce and his record of 5 pts in 9 games is not good, but until the20th March we have  Spurs, Man Utd, Burnley, Brighton,Newcastle, Palace and Everton. In my book there are 5 winnable games we should be looking at, at least 12 to 13 points  is what is needed , to put us on around 25 pts for the last nine games. 
If we are not close to that amount of points then I would say to Allardyce thank you and goodbye . We could then start our search for a replacement. 
Just to ask this Question would Appleton if chosen to be our new manager want  to leave Lincoln if they do attain promotion as well as getting to a Wembley final. Yes I know we are a lot bigger club and he has ties to Albion but I think it would be a big choice for him.
Just waiting for Liverless to say the ' weight off our shoulders' statement in a couple of months time.
(02-03-2021, 09:35 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:43 PM)wba13 Wrote: I know it’s virtually certain we will go down, but I won’t give up. We have 3 possibly 4 new players to come in they will be better than we have already it only takes I result to start a run.  I have never given up on us even in the dark days under Saunders and Gould so I certainly won’t now we’re still a premiership team.

I'm going to sound like a broken record but the back four is the back four. Perm any 4 from Bartley, Gibbs, Ivanovic, Townsend, O'Shea and Furlong and it doesn't matter who you pick they will ship goals. A bit of extra screening in front of them will make no difference imo as crosses will still come in and flapping will still occur.

I'd feel happier if we had a manager who could organise a defensive structure in place but it transpires we've found one that can't coach the basics.

We are down. I'm at peace with it.....

I'm amazed given our defensive woes that Peltier has never played a single game in his proper position of right back. He's not gonna create much but he might help stop the thrashing around/panic.