WS2 Surge Testing
(02-02-2021, 11:34 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 11:05 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:52 AM)LIMABAGGIE Wrote: This will never end...

The Kent variant has mutated 

“Tests on some samples show it has acquired a mutation, called E484K, already seen in the South Africa and Brazil variants that are of concern.“

Ah. The Sinclair variant.

There seems to be a whole spectrum of them
(02-02-2021, 10:52 AM)LIMABAGGIE Wrote: This will never end...

One day it will...

(02-02-2021, 12:01 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:46 AM)woodman Wrote: variants ffs, i'm sure they'll keep us under house arrest in a few months because someone thinks they saw a dragon flying in from the north pole with Daenyrs on it. unbelievable how much perspective has been lost

Why does the virus not exist in Woodman's world? How many need to die for your perspective to change? 150k, 200k, 300,00k?

He didn’t say the virus didn’t exist.

(02-02-2021, 11:41 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 11:38 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: The Universities Minister (or whatever the title is) was on BBC TV this morning stating the Government has done everything possible to stop this variant entering the UK.  The issue of open borders and quarantine was on-going and there was absolute no delay in this process.

The simple question to this is "How many cases of this variant have been recorded in NZ?".

Herd immunity here we come, although can you have herd immunity to a virus which mutates.  Influenza seems to be doing just fine with reinventing itself each year, has more updates than the iphone that virus.

We can't get ahead of it. We can change the vaccine in a couple of months. This can mutate in a couple of weeks.

Indeed. In my opinion we’ll be in exactly the same situation this coming November as we are now.
Politics bored for this? Some of us are trying to avoid threads about this bloody virus.
(02-02-2021, 12:01 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 10:46 AM)woodman Wrote: variants ffs, i'm sure they'll keep us under house arrest in a few months because someone thinks they saw a dragon flying in from the north pole with Daenyrs on it. unbelievable how much perspective has been lost

Why does the virus not exist in Woodman's world? How many need to die for your perspective to change? 150k, 200k, 300,00k?

Slightly aggressive for something I never said - i'd get a stonemason to start working on those shoulders.

Virus is here and has been terrible for many - don't think I said differently.

Viruses mutate as a natural course of just being a virus and for them trying to stay alive is simple room 101 stuff. 

My point was that the concept that we have to stay in some form of a perennial lockdown because a virus mutates is laughable, or that closing borders etc will make any difference. Perspective completely missing.
(02-02-2021, 12:20 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Politics bored for this? Some of us are trying to avoid threads about this bloody virus.

Maybe a place for Covid threads rather than politics?

However this one refers to events on the stadium and training ground doorsteps and also of many supporters.