Worst performances ever
(02-01-2021, 12:17 PM)Peachy Wrote: I've seen some absolute shockers since my first game in 1982 but I'll go for the 5-0 away at Pompey with Crichton in goal. 4 down at half time.

Fucking diabolical......

That is awful Peachy. But would refer you to home, v Wolves, them going down under the Bhatti brothers in the early 80`s. They signed some bloke called Danny Crainie,for £20,000, couldn`t get a game for Hibernian or whoever, came up here and won 3 - 0, We made this bloke look like Willie Johnston, ran rings round us.
(02-01-2021, 12:17 PM)Peachy Wrote: I've seen some absolute shockers since my first game in 1982 but I'll go for the 5-0 away at Pompey with Crichton in goal. 4 down at half time.

Fucking diabolical......

Unless my memory has completely gone, it finished 4 0, I do remember there seemed to be only a handful still on the terrace for the second half, that many left at half time.
Stockport losing 5-0 A - Paul Williams coming on as sub and scoring after having carrots thrown at him in the first half. Did he score a hat-trick or is that me embellishing a nightmare?
Halifax A losing FAC
Crewe 5-1 defeat  H Fabian DeFreitas 
Torquay A under Gould when we were that bad, large numbers  left the terracing and had their own game on the car park behind. Those of us on back row preferring to watch the 40odd-a-side rather than the dross on the pitch 

They all surpass anything seem this year
(02-01-2021, 12:28 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:

Fucking diabolical......

That is awful Peachy. But would refer you to home, v Wolves, them going down under the Bhatti brothers in the early 80`s. They signed some bloke called Danny Crainie,for £20,000, couldn`t get a game for Hibernian or whoever, came up here and won 3 - 0, We made this bloke look like Willie Johnston, ran rings round us.

Aye, Wolves had not won all season and it was late Nov 1983.

1-3 home defeat and a rare appearance on MOTD/ Bobby Robson watching.
(02-01-2021, 01:00 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

Fucking diabolical......

Yes, had to get the bus from Dudley, loads of Wolves fans on it. Felt totally embarrassed.
(02-01-2021, 01:08 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 01:00 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

Fucking diabolical......

Yes, had to get the bus from Dudley, loads of Wolves fans on it. Felt totally embarrassed.
They got relegated that season and so began their plunge into the dark days. However, we still didn't turn up.
(02-01-2021, 10:14 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Good God, where to start? Seen some right tat since 1973.

Remember Middlesborough beating us 4 - 0 at home when Don Howe managed us. Awful, seem to recall even their full backs both scored.
One of Ron Wylies last games, Forest beat us 5 - 0, could have been 8 or 9, made Steve Hodge look like Maradona, they went past us at will.
A 6 - 0 beating by Sheff Utd when Brian Little was in charge, on the radio after, Tom Ross said `it was carnage today`.

That last comment reminded me of the 6-0 at Chelsea 2nd game of the season when Robson decided to rotate; they scored after 2 minutes and in his post match interview Robson said "we started well".    Big Grin
(02-01-2021, 01:24 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:14 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Good God, where to start? Seen some right tat since 1973.

Remember Middlesborough beating us 4 - 0 at home when Don Howe managed us. Awful, seem to recall even their full backs both scored.
One of Ron Wylies last games, Forest beat us 5 - 0, could have been 8 or 9, made Steve Hodge look like Maradona, they went past us at will.
A 6 - 0 beating by Sheff Utd when Brian Little was in charge, on the radio after, Tom Ross said `it was carnage today`.

That last comment reminded me of the 6-0 at Chelsea 2nd game of the season when Robson decided to rotate; they scored after 2 minutes and in his post match interview Robson said "we started well".    Big Grin
Think the 6-0 was under Di Matteo and on the opening day Hops. The Robson one was a midweek game where he picked a weak squad and think it was more like 4-0.
Those dark days just merge into all kinds of dreadful. I can't tell you the game, as it was so forgettable, but I took my old man to the Christmas fixtures some time back in the 90's. He wasn't a big football fan but was really happy when I invited him, bit of father son bonding and all that. Leaving the ground after a turgid home defeat against some no mark team, freezing cold and wet from the icy rain he turned to me and said "I've really enjoyed spending the day with you, but please promise me you'll never invite me to another Albion game again!" Makes me smile on reflection. And I didn't until my 8 year old daughter, in her football phase, asked to go and watch West Brom ladies and we invited him to accompany us. He got to see a promotion winning Albion side that year? and my daughter as mascot.
(02-01-2021, 01:24 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Hi Hopalong, the Middlesborough one was in my first  real season of watching us . At 0 - 3 down, IIRC, Howe subbed Johnston for Alan Merrick or whoever. The fans moaned like fuck.