Not time to get carried away yet.
As good as the second half was, we are still settling into a pattern that we have to score 3 + goals to have a chance of winning, this from a team that struggles with scoring and unless our defence has a miraculous transformation, it won't change anytime soon, as I said, as good as the second half was, it was still horrendous defending that cost us.
(01-31-2021, 04:01 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: As good as the second half was, we are still settling into a pattern that we have to score 3 + goals to have a chance of winning, this from a team that struggles with scoring and unless our defence has a miraculous transformation, it won't change anytime soon, as I said, as good as the second half was, it was still horrendous defending that cost us.

This is is nothing  new though is it? my wife said yesterday you're always going on about your team's defence, no matter  who is Manager, she's right  I do, and can't remember  the last solid back 4 we had
the second half performance needs to be at the full 90 minutes in every game for the rest of the season to stand half a chance the second half made me think it could be possible
Get carried away? We weren’t ‘that good’ in the second half, we were just about adequate for about 25 minutes. That after an absolutely appalling first half. No attacking threat (first mishit shot on 40 minutes in a must win game?), overrun in midfield, no width and an invisible defence?
The only people who should get carried away are the manager, the coaching staff, half the first team squad, and whoever appointed or bought them.
(01-31-2021, 04:09 PM)oldun Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 04:01 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: As good as the second half was, we are still settling into a pattern that we have to score 3 + goals to have a chance of winning, this from a team that struggles with scoring and unless our defence has a miraculous transformation, it won't change anytime soon, as I said, as good as the second half was, it was still horrendous defending that cost us.

This is is nothing  new though is it? my wife said yesterday you're always going on about your team's defence, no matter  who is Manager, she's right  I do, and can't remember  the last solid back 4 we had

Under TTITC we were very solid but it's hard to know just how good the defence was as they had 3 or 4 screening in midfield unlike this bunch which has zero.   Has to be said though that GMac and Johnny Evans (when gave a monkeys) are different gravy, and they are a country mile from Jonas at his peak. The fullbacks? Let's see what CT can do given a run, but what we'd do for Dawson at RB in this team.
(01-31-2021, 04:28 PM)Everything Zin Wrote: Get carried away? We weren’t ‘that good’ in the second half, we were just about adequate for about 25 minutes. That after an absolutely appalling first half. No attacking threat (first mishit shot on 40 minutes in a must win game?), overrun in midfield, no width and an invisible defence?
The only people who should get carried away are the manager, the coaching staff, half the first team squad, and whoever appointed or bought them.

have you ever thought about doing  motivational speaking Big Grin