Covid Jab
(01-30-2021, 01:30 PM)col lard Wrote: Too much emphasis on working through the age groups in my opinion. Those people keeping society ticking over nee d to move up the order - delivery people,binmen,teachers,supermarket workers,bus drivers and so on. That's where the virus is spreading - not amongst 60 year old stay at homes.

So you don’t want us 60 year olds before some society people, most 60year olds don’t stay at home and are working so don’t be so selfish, it’s been proven that we are more vulnerable than younger people and we do as much as anyone to keep the country going.
I know of one case of a carer who took the elderly and quite immobile couple he looks after to get their first jab. While he was waiting with them he was asked who he was, told the staff he was their carer and was advised to also have his first dose, which he accepted. Copped his first load of abuse before he'd even left the premises.
I may be wrong, but I thought the whole point was to vaccinate those most at risk of dying from this as a priority, not those most at risk of catching it.
(01-30-2021, 02:04 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I may be wrong, but I thought the whole point was to vaccinate those most at risk of dying from this as a priority, not those most at risk of catching it.

I think you'll find, that's the correct answer.
(01-30-2021, 01:44 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 01:30 PM)col lard Wrote: Too much emphasis on working through the age groups in my opinion. Those people keeping society ticking over nee d to move up the order - delivery people,binmen,teachers,supermarket workers,bus drivers and so on. That's where the virus is spreading - not amongst 60 year old stay at homes.

So you don’t want us 60 year olds before some society people, most 60year olds don’t stay at home and are working so don’t be so selfish, it’s been proven that we are more vulnerable than younger people and we do as much as anyone to keep the country going.

I think you might find col is as old if not older than you, so he isn't giving this opinion to take advantage..
(01-30-2021, 01:23 PM)woodman Wrote: Heard at Millenium Pt where I know a worker that over the last 3 weeks 30 odd % of appointments have been missed with people not turning up and not telling them. Thus vaccine mgt real issue and trying to get others in to fill the gap. So if you want one go online and you may get one a short notice because of these selfish older fuckers not turning up when they're told. Not only do the elderly want to be protected at all costs to everyone else even when they have something to get to give them a fighting chance they can't be arsed then.
Shoot the lot of the fuckers who don't turn up..
Crass.
Don’t care what age he is this is the what the real scientists think.
Prioritising vaccinations for key workers such as teachers and police over the next few weeks would inevitably lead to more deaths among older people, government vaccination advisers have warned.
So to prioritise younger people in jobs to keep society going is wrong. You have to protect the most vulnerable.