Maitland-Niles
(01-29-2021, 03:06 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Southampton favourites to land him now.

Shortly to be Fulham, then Palace, then Newcastle. He'll then pop up in Witton on a perm for £40mil.
(01-29-2021, 03:25 PM)MrFizz Wrote:

Shortly to be Fulham, then Palace, then Newcastle. He'll then pop up in Witton on a perm for £40mil.

Arf, more than likely  Big Grin

Funny you say that...

John Percy
Plus... Newcastle United join the race to sign Arsenal's Ainsley Maitland-Niles with a move for Hamza Choudhury in doubt / exclusive transfer news from @LukeEdwardsTele
The fact that we are probably the only team who can guarantee him 18 games of football this season -  given his motives for wanting a move - (Euros) could be a key factor, though Newcastle could maybe offer that too.....a long way from home though.

(01-29-2021, 04:06 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Funny you say that...

John Percy
Plus... Newcastle United join the race to sign Arsenal's Ainsley Maitland-Niles with a move for Hamza Choudhury in doubt / exclusive transfer news from @LukeEdwardsTele

Just the usual media merry-go-round, or agents testing the water with 'clubs in need'. He'll probably end up somewhere totally different.
The problem with this deal is that the club don't want him to come to us.

Something to do with them not wanting him to play for a club managed by Allardyce in a relegation scrap.

Although I wonder if it has also something to do with the Gnabry loan. Arsenal were to put it mildly very frustrated how that worked out.
(01-29-2021, 05:48 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: The problem with this deal is that the club don't want him to come to us.

Something to do with them not wanting him to play for a club managed by Allardyce in a relegation scrap.

Although I wonder if  it has also something to do with the Gnabry loan. Arsenal were to put it mildly very frustrated how that worked out.

Most observers suggest Allardyce improves defenders. Would have thought a relegation scrap under him could be the making of a young player. Loaning to a top 6 competitor like Saints seems odd.
(01-29-2021, 05:48 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: The problem with this deal is that the club don't want him to come to us.

Although I wonder if  it has also something to do with the Gnabry loan. Arsenal were to put it mildly very frustrated how that worked out.

I think Arsenal understand that was more ‘Pulis’ than ‘Albion’.

Pulis and Arsenal have never seen eye to eye, dating back to the Stoke days.

But you’re right...Arsenal are keen for him to play for Saints, as they play a certain brand of football. The player would rather come to us though, as he thinks he’ll get more game time and get more game time in his favoured position.

Don't agree, if a player is deemed not good enough to play for the first team why should he be played? 

Fuck Arsenal. If they wanted to offer him guaranteed game time they should have kept him. We aren't their B team. 

On AML reports are suggesting he wants to go to Southampton. This is probably as it is a European qualifying chance instead of a relegation battle. It will be down to him knowing some of their lads from u21 and full international level. 

But, ultimately it will depend on who will pay the highest loan fee for who is an England International, nothing to do with how Arsenal being frustrated with the Gnabry move. 

They didn't rate him too highly themselves or why sell him?
What actually is his position of choice ? , I can only remember him as a left sided defender .