Benteke
This would be a key signing for Allardyce if he can get it done. 6 month deal? Then he can move on as a free? Seems unlikely but....

As has been said BS likes to get it forward early, play in the oppo's half and not dick around at the back. Without a target man this is just hit and hope....doesn't really need to bring goals.

(01-23-2021, 08:57 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: He was a beast of a player at his best. However he seems like he’s lost it. Can’t say I’m enamoured.

If he was at his best we wouldn't even be linked with him.  Reality check.
He would be perfect in a big Sam side. His non goal scoring is an issue but we ain't going to be getting anyone with a great goal scoring record with what we are paying.
(01-23-2021, 10:08 AM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote: This would be a key signing for Allardyce if he can get it done. 6 month deal? Then he can move on as a free? Seems unlikely but....

As has been said BS likes to get it forward early, play in the oppo's half and not dick around at the back. Without a target man this is just hit and hope....doesn't really need to bring goals.

(01-23-2021, 08:57 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: He was a beast of a player at his best. However he seems like he’s lost it. Can’t say I’m enamoured.

If he was at his best we wouldn't even be linked with him.  Reality check.

Our eternal problem.
(01-23-2021, 10:20 AM)Peachy Wrote: He would be perfect in a big Sam side. His non goal scoring is an issue but we ain't going to be getting anyone with a great goal scoring record with what we are paying.

Recall us struggling in the 1st half of the season under Mowbray. The non scoring MAF signed in Jan and we looked much better. Held the ball up and brought others into play.
(01-23-2021, 10:31 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 10:20 AM)Peachy Wrote: He would be perfect in a big Sam side. His non goal scoring is an issue but we ain't going to be getting anyone with a great goal scoring record with what we are paying.

Recall us struggling in the 1st half of the season under Mowbray. The non scoring MAF signed in Jan and we looked much better. Held the ball up and brought others into play.

Yep. I can see Pereira feeding clever little balls into him to hold it up and it'll give our wide players some height to hit.
(01-23-2021, 09:05 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Those goals he scored against us were dead shit weren’t they...

He's scored 9 goals in 4 seasons.

Yes he scored two against the worst defence in premier league history who were down to 10 men and who had given up.
As said above there is a player in there somewhere but I can't see it coming back anytime soon. It is amazing to think that when they both started up he was keeping Lukaku out of the Belgian national team. Where that player went I don't know.
It's just the type of player we don't need for next year and exactly the type of none saleable journeyman 'asset' I expect BFS to bring in.
(01-23-2021, 11:33 AM)Swagbaggie Wrote: As said above there is a player in there somewhere but I can't see it coming back anytime soon. It is amazing to think that when they both started up he was keeping Lukaku out of the Belgian national team. Where that player went I don't know.
It's just the type of player we don't need for next year and exactly the type of none saleable journeyman 'asset' I expect BFS to bring in.

I think his experience at Liverpool broke him.
I think he’d be an ok option if available on a 6 month deal. We desperately need someone to hold the ball up and he’s good at that. We’re not going to find a prolific target man who’s available on loan.
https://www.90min.com/posts/6246490-sam-...dy-carroll