Benteke
Isn't he on something like £129k a week. Would surely rule us out.
Holds the ball up.
Good in the air.
Targetman.
Palace want him off the payroll.
Better than our other strikers.
Experienced.
Needs game time before theEuros.
He was a beast of a player at his best. However he seems like he’s lost it. Can’t say I’m enamoured.
Worth noting that Benteke had arguably his best spell post-Villa under Allardyce at Palace. So Sam might be the man to get him firing.
Those goals he scored against us were dead shit weren’t they...
In the form of his life.
If he costs £129K a week, and scores only 1 goal, which is the winner against the seals, and he stands in front of the Fish End with his arms aloft, then it's worth every fucking penny.

He is also out of contract in the summer, so likely to come on a short term for very little. Palace will just want him off the wage bill.
From his Wikipedia page:

"Benteke is a Christian. He points up to the sky after scoring goals to thank God, and also prays frequently."

I mean, hello, we know his name.
(01-23-2021, 08:41 AM)clem4england Wrote: Holds the ball up.
Good in the air.
Targetman.
Experienced.

From what I’ve seen of Allardyce teams he wants to play football in the oppositions half as quickly as possible. To do that you need to make the ball stick up front to give other players the chance to get into positions to receive the ball, it also relieves pressure on our defence. A player such as Benteke would do those things and would offer something different to the other players we have. He’s also proven before he can score goals and kept Villa above water for two seasons.
(01-23-2021, 09:49 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-23-2021, 08:41 AM)clem4england Wrote: Holds the ball up.
Good in the air.
Targetman.
Experienced.

From what I’ve seen of Allardyce teams he wants to play football in the oppositions half as quickly as possible. To do that you need to make the ball stick up front to give other players the chance to get into positions to receive the ball, it also relieves pressure on our defence. A player such as Benteke would do those things and would offer something different to the other players we have. He’s also proven before he can score goals and kept Villa above water for two seasons.
Spot on Dekka.
We are looking at loans on cheap wages was told to cut the wage bill and trim the squad we have done that and still they are trying to drag their heels on targets.we will get players in but when is the question and 3 games could have gone and our chance of staying up gone.

It's west brom don't expect anything else.

Expect someone who is not on the radar who is abroad.