Flags
When did having Union Jacks / Union Flags in your house / apartment become a normal thing? It seems all the rage with the current government here’s just one example...

[Image: EsKLHIZXYAIy3ee?format=jpg&name=large]
Why does it matter?
(01-20-2021, 08:45 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Why does it matter?

Just an observation of where we are currently...
Yeah in fairness I'm with Liq here, if people are weird enough to want a flag in their lounge then go for it. Doesn't impact me.
(01-20-2021, 08:34 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: When did having Union Jacks / Union Flags in your house / apartment become a normal thing? It seems all the rage with the current government here’s just one example...

I think they're part of a 'Television interview gift set' you can order online. It also comes with a couple of rows of books chosen to make the person spouting bollocks to camera somehow look learned.
Are you thinking they have read all of those books as well? Probably about the same as getting make up on for the telly.
She really makes your piss boil doesn't she?
(01-20-2021, 09:20 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Are you thinking they have read all of those books as well? Probably about the same as getting make up on for the telly.

Here's one of Matt Hancock, with the shelves looking every bit as well ordered as the space between his ears...

[Image: 1920.jpg?width=1280&quality=85&auto=form...47f34cb0a8]

No flag, but something on the shelf to remind him what his name is.
(01-20-2021, 08:52 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Just an observation of where we are currently...
And what is that "observation"?  Where are we currently?
We are currently in a world where jingoistic slogans and symbolism matter more than actions in convincing the masses that they are patriotic. I don't need a flag to show that I am proud to be where I'm from and people definitely don't need it sitting in their study. It's pathetic. Patel was cringeworthy on TV this morning defending the loss of records with a 'not lost, just can't find them' approach.

Proth asks why she makes our piss boil, it's just the opposite, she's an embarrassment and shows how fragile the Tory position is that she has to be defended by the party.