Best win v them since 84
It’s the first time we’ve beaten Villa by more than one goal since the late comeback in the snow in early 84.
I really hoped we would go on and win by 3 or 4 when it was half time as we’ve never given them a stuffing in my time. However can understand why we played conservatively in the 2nd half.
Almost strange yesterday that it was such a routine win. Normally when we have got the better of them your nails are chewed to smithereens. We just rattled in a couple of quick goals and then it was game over.
The hoodoo they once had over us is long gone.
First time we've won by two at seal park since March 1974.
If we had scored a couple more we could have knocked them further down the league and seen an even bigger meltdown ?
(02-17-2019, 06:58 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: If we had scored a couple more we could have knocked them further down the league and seen an even bigger meltdown ?

FFS lol 

And if my aunty had bollox. 

It was a stroll in the park....enjoy!
There is always a bit more misery you can inflict !
(02-17-2019, 07:10 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: There is always a bit more misery you can inflict !

I agree and there were people all around me saying we should come out and go for the jugular.

But had we done so we may have left the back door open to a draw or even a loss.......BD would be getting slaughtered today if so.

We all know had the seals got a goal back it would have been touch and go.  

MASSIVE win.  

Embrace it!
(02-17-2019, 06:25 PM)garryowensneck Wrote: First time we've won by two at seal park since March 1974.
I was there that day! A lifetime ago.
(02-17-2019, 07:15 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 07:10 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: There is always a bit more misery you can inflict !

I agree and there were people all around me saying we should come out and go for the jugular.

But had we done so we may have left the back door open to a draw or even a loss.......BD would be getting slaughtered today if so.

We all know had the seals got a goal back it would have been touch and go.  

MASSIVE win.  

Embrace it!
I'm just being greedy  Big Grin
Hats to Big Dave & Jones as near perfect game management as you could get yesterday long may it continue, the next 2 games are absolutely massive and may well define our season win both and we are still in with a chance of automatic drop points in any game or both and automatic may well be beyond us.