On a lighter note.
There have been posts on your first Baggies game, but what of your partner, were they already a Baggie or were they interested in football at all. I met my now wife in August 1980 in Cornwall, a Cornish girl that had never watched a game, live or otherwise, 8th November 1980 I took her to Brum to meet my parents and whilst there to the shrine v Villa, she was freezing cold and made me leave at half time, thankfully I only missed a 0 0, I never left Cornwall and been a season ticket holder ever since, she comes to games now and again and enjoys it but my son is a rabid Baggie and season ticket holder for 20 odd years, travelling to all the games with me.
I ain't saying my wife was a Villa fan when I met her but she came from a family where the men were all Vilers and if asked she would have said she supported Villa.

She came to her first game with me 1994 Charlton at home in the pouring rain (there was a pocket of Addicks in the SME corner without their tops on in such horrendous weather), night match it was, we won 2-0.

Her second game was Pompey away (Peggy Ashcroft survival game at Fratton Park).........she's mad Baggies now (season ticket holder with my sons)
Wife is a Man Utd fan like all her family.

Only time she's seen them live was at the Hawthorns when we beat them 1 nil goal from Rondon, and her favourite player, Mata sent off.
That pompey away game was special.i can see why she was hooked.
The wife WAS a villa fan as all her family are.... Now she detests them. I knew she had good taste.
(Yesterday, 02:10 PM)The liquidator Wrote: The wife WAS a villa fan as all her family are.... Now she detests them. I knew she had good taste.

Same, as do my sons over Wolves.....but for me the big one is Saturday!

(Yesterday, 02:09 PM)Bigp1968 Wrote: That pompey away game was special.i can see why she was hooked.

I was in the Navy based in Portsmouth at the time, I drove down to Pompey for the match (I was on weekend leave from the Friday) drove back up to Halesowen to drop my Mrs back and then drove straight back down to Portsmouth back to my ship on that brilliant Sunday!
My wife is a Baggie, but she has a soft spot for the Blues. Her hatred of the Villa is therefore off the scale!

The father-in-law is in most ways a sound bloke, but one of these strange individuals who likes to see 'all of the local clubs doing well' - something I find incomprehensible, as does his daughter.
Lady D has only ever been to one game with me - a 2-1 win against Bolton in 2012ish.

Football really isn’t her thing.
(Yesterday, 02:36 PM)Duffers Wrote: Lady D has only ever been to one game with me - a 2-1 win against Bolton in 2012ish.

Football really isn’t her thing.

Not really yours is it mate - the bollocks you spout!   Tongue Heart

My missus isnt from a football family. None on her side are bothered. However she wants the Albion to do well because that puts me in a good mood. She also says she doesnt like watching football, but she'll watch the albion, which is normally about right!!