Matt Hancock, you hypocritical twat.
Asked about the two women fined for driving five miles go for a walk, Hancock said: 

“Absolutely I’m going to back the police.

“You might look at the rules and think, ‘Well it doesn’t matter too much if I just do this or do that’. But these rules are not there as boundaries to be pushed, they’re the limit of what people should be doing.”

Fair enough, nice clear messaging there, Matt.  Well done.

Oh hang on, what's this quote from 26th May regarding the famous Barnard Castle trip?

“My view is that what he did was within the guidelines".

Wow.  Just wow.
(01-10-2021, 12:33 PM)Mish Wrote: Asked about the two women fined for driving five miles go for a walk, Hancock said: 

“Absolutely I’m going to back the police.

“You might look at the rules and think, ‘Well it doesn’t matter too much if I just do this or do that’. But these rules are not there as boundaries to be pushed, they’re the limit of what people should be doing.”

Fair enough, nice clear messaging there, Matt.  Well done.

Oh hang on, what's this quote from 26th May regarding the famous Barnard Castle trip?

“My view is that what he did was within the guidelines".

Wow.  Just wow.
Said exactly the same in our household this morning. Politicians = bullshitting hypocritical twats, dontcha know?
have they not had their fines overturned?

thought the police chief had come out and said they had not done anything wrong?
(01-10-2021, 12:33 PM)Mish Wrote: “You might look at the rules and think, ‘Well it doesn’t matter too much if I just do this or do that’. But these rules are not there as boundaries to be pushed, they’re the limit of what people should be doing.”

What he should have said is: You might look at the rules and think there's absolutely no clarity here; at least for once he'd have been right about something. Not that the opaqueness isn't understandable: any definitive statement is invariably followed by a climbdown within 48 hours.

Interesting that there are rules for the public but only guidelines for government insiders.
Why would you need to drive 5 miles to get exercise what's wrong with walking out your door and starting from there..
(01-10-2021, 03:54 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Why would you need to drive 5 miles to get exercise what's wrong with walking out your door 

They will be driving whilst testing their eyesight with their children and wife in the car next...
(01-10-2021, 03:54 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Why would you need to drive 5 miles to get exercise what's wrong with walking out your door and starting from there..

That's really not the point that I'm making  Smile
(01-10-2021, 03:54 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Why would you need to drive 5 miles to get exercise what's wrong with walking out your door and starting from there..

You don’t NEED to, but you can, as the guidelines aren’t clear. And they did it to exercise in an open space away from people.
There is no law against travelling to exercise. The guidance is not legally binding and the police have no power to enforce it.

That's all there is to it.
(01-10-2021, 04:35 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

You don’t NEED to, but you can, as the guidelines aren’t clear. And they did it to exercise in an open space away from people.
It's called common sense these clearly have none