The Serpent
Up to no.3 now. Very good. Didn't realise this happened, very disturbing.
(01-19-2021, 07:48 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Watched all 8.

Yeah the time hopping can make it harder to follow if you don’t watch it carefully, or have killed too many brain cells celebrating at the weekend, but it’s worth it.

Good series and a crime spree and murders I’d never heard of or knew a thing about.

Same here - but I guess the Yorkshire Ripper etc was making headlines here around then?
Started reading about him and there is obviously renewed interest as they have managed to track down one of his later accomplices:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...rpent.html
(01-22-2021, 06:33 PM)baggpuss Wrote:

Yeah the time hopping can make it harder to follow if you don’t watch it carefully, or have killed too many brain cells celebrating at the weekend, but it’s worth it.

Good series and a crime spree and murders I’d never heard of or knew a thing about.

Same here - but I guess the Yorkshire Ripper etc was making headlines here around then?
Started reading about him and there is obviously renewed interest as they have managed to track down one of his later accomplices:

Jack the Ripper for me is the ultimate who dunnit. He was, without doubt an evil cunt who deserved a slow, very painful death for what he did.
(01-22-2021, 08:03 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Jack the Ripper for me is the ultimate who dunnit. He was, without doubt an evil cunt who deserved a slow, very painful death for what he did.

Ripper Stebson woz the worst.

Ripper trails around Whitechapel worth it if you have not done before.

Portrait of a Killer by by Patricia Cornwell is a good read.
She spent several million of her own money investigating the case taking DNA samples from 'Ripper' letters etc.
She was convinced it was Walter Sickert.
(01-22-2021, 09:09 PM)baggpuss Wrote:

She spent several million of her own money investigating the case taking DNA samples from 'Ripper' letters etc.

I've read a fair few Ripper books including the one you mention.

By far the best I have read recently is called The Five and it's a detailed and we'll researched description of the lives of his much maligned victims. One, as you probably know was from Wolverhampton! A different slant but a great and, in many places, saddening read.

Give it a go.
Finished it last night. Very good, probably 2 episodes too long and could have been a bit quicker but enjoyable nonetheless.
In the form of his life.
(01-22-2021, 09:43 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 09:09 PM)baggpuss Wrote:

I've read a fair few Ripper books including the one you mention.

By far the best I have read recently is called The Five and it's a detailed and we'll researched description of the lives of his much maligned victims. One, as you probably know was from Wolverhampton! A different slant but a great and, in many places, saddening read.

Give it a go.

Anyone from Wolverhampton can reasonably be considered a victim.
Just finished this series.
We really enjoyed it too. The time hopping was irritating at first, but we got used to it.
Just read up on Charles, it seems the programme was pretty much true to life. I’m very glad I didn’t know about him when our daughter spent 15 months backpacking around S America, Oz, and in particular SE Asia!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need to watch something more happy and light next time.