US Capitol Building
(01-07-2021, 07:38 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 05:16 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I have always maintained that there was a massive disconnect between Corbyn and those who elected him to the labour leadership, particularly amongst those younger supporters.

Arf. Is that really meant to mean what it says?

Along with a few others I actually attended the odd open Corbyn rally during the 2017 & 2019 elections. They were as close to a personality cult as you can get.

If that is the case you would have noted that in 2019 there were far few people attending these events, the enthusiasm for him was far less in 2019 than 2017.

There was a disconnect between Corbyn and many of those who purported to be his supporters, granted not all. Nowhere can this be seen more than in his views regarding EU membership and those of the average Corbyn supporting Labour member....miles apart.

There is a danger in seeing the left as one big monolith where everybody thinks the same on every issue, it-s simply not the case .

If there was a personality cult with Corbyn, then when he was suspended from the party, there would have been mass resignations of party members who had previously supported him, but there hasn't been.
(01-08-2021, 08:57 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: If there was a personality cult with Corbyn, then when he was suspended from the party, there would have been mass resignations of party members who had previously supported him, but there hasn't been.

I prefer to look at the huge increase in membership in 2017.

Memberships will simply lapse now that Vanilla Ice is leader. Watch, you'll see. Complete personality cult based on simpering virtue.
Storming The Capitol on ITV last night is well worth a watch. That country is a tinderbox, IMO.
This is Kevin Gleeson, a Proud Boy, who whilst invading the Capitol tasered himself in the goolies and died of a heart attack.

A picture of an inadequate man.
[Image: ErJnPSqXAAAbPx0?format=jpg&name=900x900]
That's a shit tree to be fair
(01-13-2021, 11:03 AM)Protheroe Wrote: That's a shit tree to be fair

It's his wife.
(01-13-2021, 10:59 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote: This is Kevin Gleeson, a Proud Boy, who whilst invading the Capitol tasered himself in the goolies and died of a heart attack.

A picture of an inadequate man.
[Image: ErJnPSqXAAAbPx0?format=jpg&name=900x900]

A great slightly comical way for him to go. If any tale ever epitomised the average Trump follower this is it.
So that idiot benny thought I'm like this what a fucking div.
(01-13-2021, 12:03 PM)hudds Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 11:03 AM)Protheroe Wrote: That's a shit tree to be fair

It's his wife.

Arf
As the police took him away his mother, with a lump in her throat, said "bison."

[Image: BB19BOsf.img?h=754&w=1123&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f]