US Capitol Building
(01-07-2021, 11:22 AM)hudds Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 11:20 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Trump nutters reminiscent of here 4 years ago. Trying to overturn a democratic election/referendum result. Blaming corruption as to why they lost. Democracy will win as it has here.

This nonsense has been rebutted several times above, Maggie.  Go on, have a look.

Rebutted? Whichever way you cut it the Remain Campaign used every legal, political, psychological, moral, societal and institutional tool to frustrate Brexit. They ONLY thing they didn't do was take up arms. A little reflection on the last 4 and a half years wouldn't go amiss.
"The current UK government is nothing like the Trump administration and to even suggest there are any parallels to be drawn is insane"

"People who think Brexit a bad idea and the far-right lunatics attempting an armed coup in the US have many similarities and you should really reflect on them"

top trolling
The fact that the leader of brexit party is a trump fanatic seems to escaped some people.
(01-07-2021, 11:09 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 10:22 AM)74bus Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:14 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You should you ugly duckling.

The rhectric was the same doing mass protests just these lunatics took it a step further.

The word you a were searching for is  'rhetoric'.

The 'step further' you refer to has resulted in four deaths.

Trying to decide who is the greater idiot - you or Melbourne. You win.

You OK hunny  Heart

(01-07-2021, 09:22 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: As a remainer i find it objectionable to compare us to what occurred in Washington yesterday.

Yes many remainers found it hard to accept the result, but accept it they have, we have now left the EU. There has been no attempt to use violence to stop us leaving the EU.

And in the period between the referendum and us leaving, there were added complications that hindered the process of leaving.

1 - A general election in 2017 which led to Parliament being more fragmented, particulalrly over Brexit than it was before.
2 - Am internal Conservative Party power struggle which used Brexit as a determining factor in who would win that struggle. Remember it was Conservative Brexiteers who helped defeat May's withdraal agreement and thus lengthened the process.

Since the more decisive GE result of 2019 there has been no ore dissent over this issue, because the remain side has accepted the democratic process - even if we don't and continue not to like the outcome.

Why did you find it hard to accept?

Because i didn't want us to leave the EU.

You may have misconstrued my answer which is fair enough.

As an Albion fan i can sometimes find it hard to accept defeat, doesn't mean it isn't legitimate, just that hits you hard.

Again with the referendum result, i can accept the legitimacy of the result, i don't believe there was any electoral fraud and there is nothing to suggest that on this particular day that the result didn't represent the desires of the UK electorate.

By hard to accept, i meant difficult to come to terms with on a personal level.
(01-07-2021, 12:56 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 11:20 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Trump nutters reminiscent of here 4 years ago. Trying to overturn a democratic election/referendum result. Blaming corruption as to why they lost. Democracy will win as it has here.

This nonsense has been rebutted several times above, Maggie.  Go on, have a look.

Rebutted? Whichever way you cut it the Remain Campaign used every legal, political, psychological, moral, societal and institutional tool to frustrate Brexit. They ONLY thing they didn't do was take up arms. A little reflection on the last 4 and a half years wouldn't go amiss.

I think a full reflection might eliicit which side has more in common with the Trump stormtroopers and plutocrat backers.

And so did many brexiteers. You forget it wasn't only remainers who voted against Theresa May's withdrawal agreement.

On reflection perhaps you could look at the original referendum question, which was to vague. Because as far as i can see, we spent too much time working out what kind of Brexit the UK electorate (or those who voted leave) wanted, in the years following the referendum.

And in this regard i don't think remainers can be blamed. And i would go further, there seemed to be no attempt by many prominent brexiteers to reach an accord with remainers, which given the narrowness of the vote is unforgiveable,

You reflect from your own lens Proth comfortably dismissing what doesn't suit you. Reflect that Trump is about division and so is Brexit. Reflect that total lies were used to manipulate the disaffected who haven't voted in years or ever voted. Think there's a huge step from thwarting a process to actually storming a building. Any fair balanced mind can see similar ideologies between Trump and Brexiteers. 
Equally the vast majority of Remainers accepted the result, like me, even though we knew it was the dirtiest political campaign ever waged.
I'm middle ground, have voted for all three parties, but where you're coming from politically is very extreme.
Remember balance is in the middle.
(01-07-2021, 01:12 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

And so did many brexiteers. You forget it wasn't only remainers who voted against Theresa May's withdrawal agreement.

On reflection perhaps you could look at the original referendum question, which was to vague. Because as far as i can see, we spent too much time working out what kind of Brexit the UK electorate (or those who voted leave) wanted, in the years following the referendum.

And in this regard i don't think remainers can be blamed. And i would go further, there seemed to be no attempt by many prominent brexiteers to reach an accord with remainers, which given the narrowness of the vote is unforgiveable,

The trouble is Shabs, the Brexiteers never expected to win and had no plan.  There were massive constitutional issues arising as well which were legitimate to ask in the wake of the chaos.  But to consider them and make a judgement unfavourable to the plutocrat scoundrels made them "Enemies Of The People".  Pure Trump and his media henchmen. 

The Brexit issue is the pus in the growing societal boil which won't be resolved by leaving the EU.  Maybe when that is apparent the pus may be squeezed out.
(01-07-2021, 01:05 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

The rhectric was the same doing mass protests just these lunatics took it a step further.

You OK hunny  Heart

(01-07-2021, 09:22 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: As a remainer i find it objectionable to compare us to what occurred in Washington yesterday.

Yes many remainers found it hard to accept the result, but accept it they have, we have now left the EU. There has been no attempt to use violence to stop us leaving the EU.

And in the period between the referendum and us leaving, there were added complications that hindered the process of leaving.

1 - A general election in 2017 which led to Parliament being more fragmented, particulalrly over Brexit than it was before.
2 - Am internal Conservative Party power struggle which used Brexit as a determining factor in who would win that struggle. Remember it was Conservative Brexiteers who helped defeat May's withdraal agreement and thus lengthened the process.

Since the more decisive GE result of 2019 there has been no ore dissent over this issue, because the remain side has accepted the democratic process - even if we don't and continue not to like the outcome.

As an Albion fan i can sometimes find it hard to accept defeat, doesn't mean it isn't legitimate, just that hits you hard.

Again with the referendum result, i can accept the legitimacy of the result, i don't believe there was any electoral fraud and there is nothing to suggest that on this particular day that the result didn't represent the desires of the UK electorate.

Fair enough the days of politicians ruining my day to day moods are long gone..... They are ALL In it for themselves. 

Hard to accept is when your Mrs runs off with someone else I would  say when maybe you could have done something about it.... Brexit result was something out of you're control so nothing you can do..... Accept and move on mate banging you're head on a brick wall that won't change is bad for your mental health. 

There is a proper lunatic on twitter RT stuff over and over again from early morning to late at night about lockdowns.... Scary stuff
(01-07-2021, 01:28 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:05 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

You OK hunny  Heart

Fair enough the days of politicians ruining my day to day moods are long gone..... They are ALL In it for themselves. 

Hard to accept is when your Mrs runs off with someone else I would  say when maybe you could have done something about it.... Brexit result was something out of you're control so nothing you can do..... Accept and move on mate banging you're head on a brick wall that won't change is bad for your mental health. 

There is a proper lunatic on twitter RT stuff over and over again from early morning to late at night about lockdowns.... Scary stuff

I do think you are taking my posts out of context.

The hard to accept comments did relate to initial reactions to result and not some continual state of mind for the last 4 years.

To be honest i have become disinterested by Brexit, think it is a mistake but life goes on.