2021 Holiday plans
(01-06-2021, 03:51 PM)johntoewba Wrote: Got a caravan down Cornwall by the lizard so will be down there annoying Cornish baggie!!!!

Don't tell Birdie!

Meant to be on a stag do to Prague, the wedding has been postponed, hoping we can now change the stag do to a mates weekend away!

Nothing else booked and won't book until the whole situation becomes clearer.  Would normally go Feb Half time for winter sun.
滚开赖
(01-06-2021, 03:28 PM)Wayne The Baggie Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 02:02 PM)Fido Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 01:20 PM)garryowensneck Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 01:07 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Anybody got any idea what crossbow is doing for holidays this year, he normally goes to the canaries in half term and France in the summer.

This missus is 50 this year so we're planning to take the 'kids*' to Dubai in May but it might be a bit too hot, she wants the Maldives at some point as well.

*fully grown adults with good jobs who should pay their own bleeding way by now.

I like lounging in the sun but found the Maldives boring, so I recommend a few days only.

We went in 2019 and got an extremely good deal to Kuredu even though there were us two and the two kids in the same room. The island had tennis courts, a football pitch and a tiny little pitch and putt but the highlight was a short way into the sea and you were swimming by turtles and loads of different species of fish. Absolutely loved it.

Went to Kuredo for our honeymoon in Jan 2007. Loved it. Although my Mrs didn't enjoy the sea plane transfer from Male!

Went to Kuredu a couple of times in the 90s.

There were no water bungalows or a pool, it was just fantastic. No hot water and outside showers, no TVs. 

The sea plane transfer is a far more pleasant experience than the hours on end "speedboat" trip!
If things go as planned I intend to start the campervan up and do a tour of Olton, Acocks Green and Tyseley in March.
Fingers crossed the vaccine has kicked in by then.
Cancelling trips to Costa Rica, India and Prague last year and having a hell of a lot of hassle recovering money has made me very cautious for 2021.

I have a friend who has moved from Bombay to Goa during Indian lockdown, so as soon as it's safe to do so, I plan to go visit her and spend a few weeks drinking, smoking and eating my way around the southern end of the sub continent. One of the only things keeping me going at the moment!
(01-06-2021, 04:18 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: If things go as planned I intend to start the campervan up and do a tour of Olton,  Acocks Green and Tyseley in March.

You can park on my drive in April if you want to see the lights of Shirley High Street down the road mate, maybe a trip to Asda if you want.
We had a deposit on a holiday to St Lucia, but we booked it a couple of months back knowing we can hold it to 2022.
If things get to normal, might visit friends in Ireland in the summer, but that's about it.
(01-06-2021, 04:40 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:18 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: If things go as planned I intend to start the campervan up and do a tour of Olton,  Acocks Green and Tyseley in March.

You can park on my drive in April if you want to see the lights of Shirley High Street down the road mate, maybe a trip to Asda if you want.

Can we visit my old gym opposite the Asda, then on to my old employers at Light Hall? Pretty please!

FF is local as well. I'm sure he won't mind me resting in his back passage.
Should have gone to Lisbon for a long weekend back in October, but flight company and hotel have kept the credit in hand to re book sometime this year....Not decided when we're going yet. Waiting to see how things go in the next month or so.
Bruges, Liege and then the Belgian Grand Prix for the summer, bought tickets but not travel or accomodation at its not got a confirmed date yet.
(01-06-2021, 12:47 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Anyone booked or plan to go abroad this year?

It was a mate’s 40th in November and his wife has booked a trip to Dubai and then onto Thailand in March and has asked friends to join them.  I opted to wait and book last minute in case we are not allowed access into the countries and if we are allowed to travel abroad.

It depends on how this pans out FF.

What if there are a succession of increasingly virulent mutations over the next six months - mathematically,  the odds must be quite high. 

If we're somewhere near back to normal by June/July great but personally I don't see any point in making actual plans/bookings at the moment.