Krovinovic
(01-15-2021, 10:37 AM)Duffers Wrote: I’ve never really got the fascination with Krov. Came over like a less effective version of Robert Koren.

I've always thought the same. And to think when Villa signed Barkley in the summer a number of people on here were saying Krovinovic was a far better player.
Sooner have him in the side than the completely ineffective Sawyers. But if his leaving frees up a new recruit then no issue.
(01-15-2021, 10:37 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:36 AM)Sliced Wrote: So we have one less alternative for Sawyers?

Fantastic, cracking decision.

Snoddy in Krov out. 

Austin out, Striker to come in. 

Not the worst start.

Snodgrass won't play CM. Our central midfield is basically now guaranteed to be Gallagher + Liability, which covers 2 or 3 different players. The only other hope is getting someone in quickly or Sam Field turning out to be the answer to everything.

Also we don't have a striker in!
(01-15-2021, 10:56 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:37 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:36 AM)Sliced Wrote: So we have one less alternative for Sawyers?

Fantastic, cracking decision.

Snoddy in Krov out. 

Austin out, Striker to come in. 

Not the worst start.

Snodgrass won't play CM. Our central midfield is basically now guaranteed to be Gallagher + Liability, which covers 2 or 3 different players. The only other hope is getting someone in quickly or Sam Field turning out to be the answer to everything.

Also we don't have a striker in!

I would at least like to see Field given a run of games. He cant do much worse than the current incumbent. He may turn out to be an improvement.
The Perce says in his tweet, "We are stiil keen on Choudhury, & are assessing a number of strikers abroad on loan, there is also interest in Kipre, Grosicki & Harper."

I notice no fucker is interested in Sawyers.    Rolleyes
I imagine we are hoping that there will be no takers for Choudhury on a permanent deal so Leicester relent at the end of the window and we get him on loan. Can see that happening with a couple of players. Trouble is we see then 3 or 4 games further into the season.
When he blazed that shot over against Blackpool the look on Sams face said it all, I said he would be gone. To be fair he has missed lots of good chances in front of goal and played poor against Leeds.
He's a decent technical player. However not needed in the slightest in our squad and far too wasteful in the final third, as said, that shot against Blackpool should have worked the 'keeper.

Won't be missed, the fact Bilic felt he was more important than another full back or defensive midfielder speaks volumes.
(01-15-2021, 12:53 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: He's a decent technical player. However not needed in the slightest in our squad and far too wasteful in the final third, as said, that shot against Blackpool should have worked the 'keeper.

Won't be missed, the fact Bilic felt he was more important than another full back or defensive midfielder speaks volumes.

The Bilic bitching continues. He wanted a DM. Wasn’t granted the funds unfortunately.
(01-15-2021, 12:56 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 12:53 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: He's a decent technical player. However not needed in the slightest in our squad and far too wasteful in the final third, as said, that shot against Blackpool should have worked the 'keeper.

The Bilic bitching continues. He wanted a DM. Wasn’t granted the funds unfortunately.

So we couldn't afford a DM with the money we spunked on Grant and Diangana?

Both Bilic and Dowling did a piss poor job in the Summer.