Post Match Comments - Allardyce
Anyone heard what he said, can't log in on the website
"They have to get stronger in the mind. If you do that it can make you run faster,” Allardyce explained. “If I was to get a gun out and point it to their heads and said ‘I’m going to shoot you’ they would run as fast as they possibly could.

“At the moment when I look at the fitness levels of us and Leeds there was a big difference. I could see it.

“The players have to realise – whatever they think they are is not enough, I said you must work harder at the club and look after yourself even better than you are away from club.

If we do that we can get better together. I’m yet to see whether they’ve dedicated themselves more because tonight put a lot of doubt in my mind about their dedication. Leeds didn’t only play us off the field, they ran us off the field.”

It’s a huge blow when you see something like that happen to the team, particularly considering our position,” he continued. “You’ve got to dismiss that from your mind and you’ve got to be more determined and have more fight, produce more quality and try and get back in the game without conceding another goal.

“The one thing we have to stop is going a goal down and chasing the game, only this time we scored it for them. We failed to do that at every level tonight.

“There was grit and determination and quality defending we showed at Liverpool. We have a problem with the transition - the lack of transition quickly back into defensive unity meant that Leeds took full advantage.”
I’d be far more interested in what he had to say in the dressing room.
(12-29-2020, 09:26 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: "They have to get stronger in the mind. If you do that it can make you run faster,” Allardyce explained. “If I was to get a gun out and point it to their heads and said ‘I’m going to shoot you’ they would run as fast as they possibly could.

“At the moment when I look at the fitness levels of us and Leeds there was a big difference. I could see it.

“The players have to realise – whatever they think they are is not enough, I said you must work harder at the club and look after yourself even better than you are away from club.

If we do that we can get better together. I’m yet to see whether they’ve dedicated themselves more because tonight put a lot of doubt in my mind about their dedication. Leeds didn’t only play us off the field, they ran us off the field.”

It’s a huge blow when you see something like that happen to the team, particularly considering our position,” he continued. “You’ve got to dismiss that from your mind and you’ve got to be more determined and have more fight, produce more quality and try and get back in the game without conceding another goal.

“The one thing we have to stop is going a goal down and chasing the game, only this time we scored it for them. We failed to do that at every level tonight.

“There was grit and determination and quality defending we showed at Liverpool. We have a problem with the transition - the lack of transition quickly back into defensive unity meant that Leeds took full advantage.”

Thank you
(12-29-2020, 09:26 PM)Supamart Wrote: I’d be far more interested in what he had to say in the dressing room.

I'm not sure of the exact words, but I would expect that useless fucking cunts was in there somewhere
(12-29-2020, 09:25 PM)Brandywell Wrote: Anyone heard what he said, can't log in on the website

Absolutely slated the players, nothing to do with him. Basically said he needs to get new players in Jan. 

We were awful but if there was one game he needed to freshen it up it was tonight after the heroics at Poo, especially against Leeds, probably the most energetic team in the league. 

We also had too many players out of position, not too much he could have done with Peltier admittedly, Gibbs having got injured in the warm-up.   But Diangana is a left winger, Phillips is a right-winger.  Maybe Pereira in tonight for Grant or Robinson to give us more control in the centre of the park.  

Not obviously helped by the ridiculous own goal from Sawyers, the worldly from Alioski and deflected goal too.  Plus Harrison was given the freedom of the park under Sam's new don't tackle policy.  Again,  Rafinha was given the freedom of the park for the 5th.  

Fucking shambles aots.
(12-29-2020, 09:36 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 09:25 PM)Brandywell Wrote: Anyone heard what he said, can't log in on the website

Absolutely slated the players, nothing to do with him. Basically said he needs to get new players in Jan. 

We were awful but if there was one game he needed to freshen it up it was tonight after the heroics at Poo, especially against Leeds, probably the most energetic team in the league. 

We also had too many players out of position, not too much he could have done with Peltier admittedly, Gibbs having got injured in the warm-up.   But Diangana is a left winger, Phillips is a right-winger.  Maybe Pereira in tonight for Grant or Robinson to give us more control in the centre of the park.  

Not obviously helped by the ridiculous own goal from Sawyers, the worldly from Alioski and deflected goal too.  Plus Harrison was given the freedom of the park under Sam's new don't tackle policy.  Again,  Rafinha was given the freedom of the park for the 5th.  

Fucking shambles aots.

I get the feeling he thought the Villa game would be a new manager style bounce but as Duffers hilariously stated it was more of a 'splat'.

I think he now realises the enormity of the task and I genuinely don't dislike him like some on here but I reckon that this could be his last job. I hope he succeeds of course I do but look at the gap. Only Brighton are keeping us afloat and for how long?

Is what it is.