So - YOU are Slaven Bilic
(12-15-2020, 10:03 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 09:41 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Looking at how Palace have approached these games should be the blueprint. Think they’ve won at the Etihad on their last couple visits.

Two banks of 4, with a DMC sitting between the two cutting off KDB or Bernardo’s movement between the lines... CBS and FBs sitting very disciplined 10yds ahead of their pen box and winning everything in the air.

Ayew presses their back line non-stop with Zaha breaking into space.

I’d be going 4141, with Livermore, Gallagher and Krov in the middle, Phillips and Diang wide and Robinson playing the role he played against Chelsea.

Grant, Grosicki as bench options

Good shout SW4.

I think the only issue with this is the quality of our back 4 - Palace have an experienced back four who defend as a unit, and are disciplined. We don't, and that's why Slav goes with the back 5. Do you reckon anyone would notice if we tried to sneak 12 on the pitch, and go with a 5-1-4-1 formation?

We don’t have the defensive quality really to hold out regardless of how we approach the game, I agree... and let’s face it, I imagine Roy’s training ground work will have been substantially different to Slav’s in the days building up to the game.
If we had a competent defence I would do a TP and hope to keep the score below 3 or 4.
We haven't.
The best we can do is to attempt to take the game to them in some way or other.
Either way they will rip us up for arse paper.

Assuming all are fit I would go

Johnstone

Ajayi Ivanovic O'Shea

Furlong Krov Gallagher Phillips Gibbs
Diangana
Robinson

Bench. Livermore Sawyers Austin Grant Grosicki Bartley GK & Some others
I’d play 10- 1-0 formation with 10 on the line and Johnstone playing on the 6 yard line.

Then we we restart after city have scored I’d have all 11 on the centre line and as soon as we kick off I’d get Livermore to shout CHARGE!!!!! and all run at City’s goal.
Hope Aquero ay fit, kick Brunhe, (whatever is name is) so he has to goo of, and tell Sawyers to play the ball forward, not back, square, or to somebody who ay got a player up his arse, or preferably leave him out altogether!
(12-15-2020, 01:01 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I’d play 10- 1-0 formation with 10 on the line and Johnstone playing on the 6 yard line.

Then we we restart after city have scored I’d have all 11 on the centre line and as soon as we kick off I’d get Livermore to shout CHARGE!!!!!  and all run at City’s goal.

Big Grin

Might just work.  Just be a fun manager.
(12-15-2020, 01:01 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I’d play 10- 1-0 formation with 10 on the line and Johnstone playing on the 6 yard line.

Then we we restart after city have scored I’d have all 11 on the centre line and as soon as we kick off I’d get Livermore to shout CHARGE!!!!!  and all run at City’s goal.

Knowing us we'd forget to take the ball with us. Big Grin
(12-15-2020, 02:15 AM)Cuzer Wrote: 451

Grady and AN Other winger wide

3 midfielders Livermore, Conor and Krovinovic

Callum Robinson up top and plan to sit deep and carry threat on the counter from wide areas

Take a 4-0 defeat and beat the fish eating deluded seal cunts on Sunday

Cuzer
I like that.
We miss Livermore.
We need to brave, not give them any respect and Slav needs to give them some licence to play with freedom,  but in our own half safety first no risks (hoof if any danger).  Play with real heart as if we have to get a result.  

Hopefully we will have done scenario planning on individuals.  Blunt de Bruyne, Sterling and Mahrez (neither of these two can go on the outside as they are so one-footed so try and force them that way) and you'll probably blunt City.  We need pace wide to try handle Sterling and Mahrez. 

Offensively, Stones and Mendy if he's playing,  are probably their weak links so press and play on this as much as possible. 

If we get anywhere within sight of the goal, just shoot!  

They have won less than half their games this season - they are not invincible.

I'm actually growing in confidence as KO approaches.   Big Grin

Johnstone
                       Furlong O'Shea  Ajayi  Gibbs
           Phillps Kroc Livermore Gallagher Diang    
                              Robinson 

Grant to come after an hour for Robbo.