So - YOU are Slaven Bilic
Get a fake Covid 19 certificate - positive.
Seriously, I’d daub my face blue and go full beserk against their shield wall. Pummeled, but more fun than laying deep.
Be patient: probe their defence for openings, switch play around, run them ragged and the goals will eventually come.

They'll start kicking out when they can't get the ball off us.
Has to go four at the back and stop this five defenders bull shit.
Let us face it, it's no use us trying to defend - how's about we forget defence and attack them.
Be bold go down fighting.. COYB.
I'd be getting my Plan B ready, for when we're 3-0 down after the first 10 minutes due to one defensive fuck up, one sending off, & the inevitable VAR awarded penalty.    Angry
Looking at how Palace have approached these games should be the blueprint. Think they’ve won at the Etihad on their last couple visits.

Two banks of 4, with a DMC sitting between the two cutting off KDB or Bernardo’s movement between the lines... CBS and FBs sitting very disciplined 10yds ahead of their pen box and winning everything in the air.

Ayew presses their back line non-stop with Zaha breaking into space.

I’d be going 4141, with Livermore, Gallagher and Krov in the middle, Phillips and Diang wide and Robinson playing the role he played against Chelsea.

Grant, Grosicki as bench options
I think if I were Slaven I'd be mostly staying at home and banging the Mrs.
(12-15-2020, 09:41 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Looking at how Palace have approached these games should be the blueprint. Think they’ve won at the Etihad on their last couple visits.

Two banks of 4, with a DMC sitting between the two cutting off KDB or Bernardo’s movement between the lines... CBS and FBs sitting very disciplined 10yds ahead of their pen box and winning everything in the air.

Ayew presses their back line non-stop with Zaha breaking into space.

I’d be going 4141, with Livermore, Gallagher and Krov in the middle, Phillips and Diang wide and Robinson playing the role he played against Chelsea.

Grant, Grosicki as bench options

Good shout SW4.

I think the only issue with this is the quality of our back 4 - Palace have an experienced back four who defend as a unit, and are disciplined. We don't, and that's why Slav goes with the back 5. Do you reckon anyone would notice if we tried to sneak 12 on the pitch, and go with a 5-1-4-1 formation?
I'd tell the Premier League we'd be missing the match tonight and all games until 1 January and I'd have them training every day for 12 hours until then. At that stage they might be fit enough and drilled enough to compete. Conor Gallagher would be exempt from this but, given what a superb pro he is, he'd likely attend throughout anyway.