Leko
(12-02-2020, 09:53 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 08:06 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Legs have gone, might get one decent game in five seasons now unless you're going to build a team around him. I love the bloke but we could see that two seasons ago

So, he's their Matty Phillips?!

Edited for you!

It would have to be 'five seasons ago'  Wink
(12-02-2020, 09:47 AM)Squid Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 08:05 AM)richbaggie Wrote: Sadly, Brunty is not winning many Robins fans over. Their main message board is full of criticism of him.

Comments like "It's like they took a premier league footballer's left foot and just strapped it to a guy they found down the pub"

They changed their tune somewhat when they won the match,

"Second half particularly he was what we’ve been missing for many seasons, strength, presence, a bit of nouse and will to win in the middle of the park. Luv it."

You have to search hard to find positives. Up to the 2nd half yesterday, it's been pretty scathing. I doubt many will have been swayed and he appears to be their very own spacegoat.
(12-02-2020, 10:47 AM)richbaggie Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 08:05 AM)richbaggie Wrote: Sadly, Brunty is not winning many Robins fans over. Their main message board is full of criticism of him.

Comments like "It's like they took a premier league footballer's left foot and just strapped it to a guy they found down the pub"

"Second half particularly he was what we’ve been missing for many seasons, strength, presence, a bit of nouse and will to win in the middle of the park. Luv it."

You have to search hard to find positives. Up to the 2nd half yesterday, it's been pretty scathing. I doubt many will have been swayed and he appears to be their very own spacegoat.

Not helped when we have our own fans telling them stuff like this: 

(12-02-2020, 02:54 PM)Squid Wrote:

Not helped when we have our own fans telling them stuff like this: 
It's hard to believe now, but brunty had many critics among us in his early days... slow, doesn't work hard enough etc.
Now he's considered one of our best players"in modern times"...

Is it possible that football fans are fickle?

If I was Brunty, I wouldn’t be particularly worried. The opinion of the average Bristol City fan is worth the square root of fuck all. For a club that has never done anything and never won anything, they have a remarkably inflated opinion of themselves. Being bigger than Rovers doesn’t mean they’re part of the elite
(12-02-2020, 03:15 PM)Bristolbion Wrote: Being bigger than Rovers doesn’t mean they’re part of the elite

This will be news to every Bristol City fan, ever.
(12-02-2020, 03:53 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 03:15 PM)Bristolbion Wrote: Being bigger than Rovers doesn’t mean they’re part of the elite

This will be news to every Bristol City fan, ever.

So true
Bristolbion Wrote:
richbaggie Wrote:
Squid Wrote:
richbaggie Wrote:Sadly, Brunty is not winning many Robins fans over. Their main message board is full of criticism of him.

If I was Brunty, I wouldn’t be particularly worried. The opinion of the average Bristol City fan is worth the square root of fuck all. For a club that has never done anything and never won anything, they have a remarkably inflated opinion of themselves. Being bigger than Rovers doesn’t mean they’re part of the elite
Arf!  Are City bigger than Rovers? My mate runs a pub down there and reckons it's mostly Gas? Personally I've never cared for either, I remember when City got all Billy Big 'uns at The Hawthorns and got what they deserved after attacking some kids.
Leko's assist for Blues goal last night was a great bit of awareness and skill to be fair to the kid.....remember he's still a kid!

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers