Grealish in Court today
(11-25-2020, 12:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 09:59 AM)Fido Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 09:45 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 08:36 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:29 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: This guy is a role model for thousands of kids. I'm baffled how he is still captain.

Look at the action that Derby took a couple of years ago. If (heaven forbid) he had injured somebody in the two cars he hit, injured his passenger or anyone on the footpath would they have sacked him?

I'm with Hops on this.

We (wrongly IMO) continued to play the greedy roofer after his car crash which was far, far worse than what greasy jack did.

The greedy roofer pleaded Not Guilty, so we had no choice until the jury reached their verdict.

I think suspension would have been more apt though, really.

Probably would have been, tbf. 

Did we not play him? I can't remember.

The club stood by him until the verdict and then he had his contract terminated. Imagine the lawyers advised we needed to continue to treat him as a normal employee until trial/verdict.

Recall his form being pretty good during that period, he always thrived on abuse from away fans and he certainly copped some!
(11-25-2020, 12:04 PM)Bilic's Beard Wrote: Serious question , what is greasy Jacks punishment likely to be ?

Fine, points, and run around the local park with younglings for X amount of hours.
(11-25-2020, 12:04 PM)Bilic's Beard Wrote: Serious question , what is greasy Jacks punishment likely to be ?

He hasn't admitted drink-driving (and they can't prove it beyond all reasonable doubt now) or been charged - as far as I'm aware - with perverting the course of justice, which is puzzling because he clearly has, as for one thing by doing a runner he has prevented a potential charge of drink-driving.  

So it looks at the moment that he's being treated leniently;  so probably a 12 month driving ban but could be higher and the max fine which will probably be c£170,000 (125% of his £135,000 reported weekly wage). 

The other thing is, why didn't Villa say to him, 'we think you should go to court and apologise as this will possibly get you some mitigation/leniency' rather than effectively sticking two fingers up to the court?   The court date has been widely reported in the media.

He has 6 points already, and 12 points normally equals a 6 month ban. Doubtless his lawyer will be trying to mitigate this.

When the sentence is read out, I'm sure his legs will buckle underneath him, and he will land in an undignified heap in the dock, with arms raised protesting about the injustice. [Image: GettyImages-1142941615.jpg]
He’s got more points than us in the league this season
(11-25-2020, 02:58 PM)Loanee Wrote: He’s got more points than us in the league this season

Don't, just don't  Angry Angry