Foden
(11-19-2020, 01:01 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 09:46 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Being honest, forgot about it. This Nations league thing is a crock of shite anyhow. Can anyone explain what it’s about?
Went to Sainsbury’s instead cos I want to see people and I want to see life.

Basically,  it's a proper competition with a trophy instead of just playing pointless friendlies.
So it's pointless friendlies with a tin pot then?
For teams outside the established elite it's a great competition... it gives them the opportunity to win games and play sides on a level playing field instead of being trounced 8-0... The Faroes won several games and ended up getting promoted to the next "division" - It also helps them improve their FIFA rating which helps them get more favourable draws in future qualifying groups.

For teams like England, it's just a meaningless trophy, but it does give us the opportunity to test ourselves under semi-competitive conditions against top quality sides outside of knockout tournaments. We always seem to do well in friendly games against the likes of Spain and Germany, but you know should we draw them in a quarter or semi-final, we'd likely lose. This is an opportunity to better prepare for tournaments.

I'm never going to give a toss about whether or not we win the Nations League, and I've probably watched 20 mins of the three games combined, but I can see the logic from UEFA's point of view... the crowded fixture schedule however has made it far less appealing than it would have been without this pandemic.
Foden showed what I talking about with Grealish the other night. End product.

Nick called Grealish a World class player the other night. A ridiculous statement considering he plays for an average side, never played champions league and has 3 England caps (2 as sub). In world terms he's done Jack shit. Like I said the other night Grealish is easy on the eye, has wonderful balance and has undoubted quality but I believe Foden is on another level.

Foden is a braver player. Braver not just in the sense that he stays on his feet but braver in the sense that he knows when to really drive into the heart of the defence and cause mayhem. He's quicker in thought than Greasy too and takes up clever positions.

I know who'd I'd be picking to start out of the two. I'd still take Grealish though but he would be an impact sub for me.
(11-19-2020, 11:31 AM)Peachy Wrote: Foden showed what I talking about with Grealish the other night. End product.

Nick called Grealish a World class player the other night. A ridiculous statement considering he plays for an average side, never played champions league and has 3 England caps (2 as sub). In world terms he's done Jack shit. Like I said the other night Grealish is easy on the eye, has wonderful balance and has undoubted quality but I believe Foden is on another level.

Foden is a braver player. Braver not just in the sense that he stays on his feet but braver in the sense that he knows when to really drive into the heart of the defence and cause mayhem. He's quicker in thought than Greasy too and takes up clever positions.

I know who'd I'd be picking to start out of the two. I'd still take Grealish though but he would be an impact sub for me.

But he's worth £80M and better than Messi, Tom.
(11-19-2020, 11:31 AM)Peachy Wrote: Foden showed what I talking about with Grealish the other night. End product.

Agree.

Grealish however is playing regularly and contributing a lot to Villa, he should be ahead of Foden on form,   but agree entirely that Foden is a different class to Greasy, but it’s maybe a little too early in his career to be building an international team around him. 

At present Greasy, Mount and Maddison are probably the best options for that role, and JG and Mount are rightly ahead of Maddison currently based on form.

Southgate needs to get decisive and decide what his best formation and best selection is.
(11-19-2020, 09:46 AM)hudds Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 09:46 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Being honest, forgot about it. This Nations league thing is a crock of shite anyhow. Can anyone explain what it’s about?

Basically,  it's a proper competition with a trophy instead of just playing pointless friendlies.
So it's pointless friendlies with a tin pot then?

It's the equivalent of the Tennant Caledonian cup.
Greasy is hardly easy on the eye. Hes the scruffiest fucker I've ever seen play for them. Looks like a street urchin out of Oliver Twist.
(11-19-2020, 06:27 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: Greasy is hardly easy on the eye. Hes the scruffiest fucker I've ever seen play for them. Looks like a street urchin out of Oliver Twist.

Not sure neatness of appearance is the the first thing someone should me looking for in a player.

Spot on.

At least there's something on it.
(11-19-2020, 09:01 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 06:27 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: Greasy is hardly easy on the eye. Hes the scruffiest fucker I've ever seen play for them. Looks like a street urchin out of Oliver Twist.

Not sure neatness of appearance is the the first thing someone should me looking for in a player.

Easy on the eye in football terms Derek. Don't get me started on what the little twat looks like!