Birmingham Pub Bombings
(11-18-2020, 05:49 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: He will be released in a few days. This is just a photo op for the anniversary this Saturday.

If he's innocent, let's hope so. 

If he's not, well...
(11-18-2020, 05:56 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 05:49 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: He will be released in a few days. This is just a photo op for the anniversary this Saturday.

If he's not, well...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-55013054
(11-20-2020, 10:08 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 05:56 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

If he's not, well...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-55013054

Mystic Baggie ain't ya?!

Let's hope something came out of the interviews that might lead to justice one day.

Slim chance, I concede.
(11-20-2020, 10:11 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Mystic Baggie ain't ya?!

Want the lottery numbers?  Wink
(11-20-2020, 10:53 AM)bradesbaggie Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 10:11 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Mystic Baggie ain't ya?!

Want the lottery numbers?  Wink

DM me. 

Don't publish them. I wouldn't want to share with the riff raff.
Trouble is this arrest had the families, and that one woman whose sister was killed in particular, and always speaks about it, all worked up in anticipation of a breakthrough. There's a lot to be said for saying nothing until someone has been charged.
It's so long ago 46 years.
(11-18-2020, 03:29 PM)Brandywell Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 02:54 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 02:09 PM)Brandywell Wrote: Fingers crossed she will revisit the decision not to prosecute British soldiers who murdered innocent people in 72

Well James, one soldier is being prosecuted. 

And as other posters have stated, IRA and loyalist paramilitaries have been "let off"

Are you an IRA sympathiser?

I'm not, like most normal human beings I believe anyone who commits sheer unadulterated murder should be brought to justice, I'm guessing you dont.................

I've never really thought that murderers should not face justice.

Unfortunately that is not the case for others. 

Odd.
My parents missed being there that evening because of their 3 year old son - me.

I don't recall but apparently i kept being sick and much to my Dad's annoyance my mum wouldn't go and just leave me with the baby-sitter so their evening was cancelled.

My Dad worked with the coppers at the time and many were (and still are) convinced they got the right men, they just had to fill in the missing pieces in order to secure a conviction... I think we'll all agree not a good way to police!

With the latest arrest and now release (surprise surprise) I doubt we'll ever know who did it.
(11-20-2020, 01:40 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: My parents missed being there that evening because of their 3 year old son - me.

I don't recall but apparently i kept being sick and much to my Dad's annoyance my mum wouldn't go and just leave me with the baby-sitter so their evening was cancelled. 

My Dad worked with the coppers at the time and many were (and still are) convinced they got the right men, they just had to fill in the missing pieces in order to secure a conviction...  I think we'll all agree not a good way to police!

With the latest arrest and now release (surprise surprise) I doubt we'll ever know who did it.

That is quite something. Thank the Lord you were poorly.

Re. the police, they weren't exactly covered in glory at that time. We had Sutcliffe pop it recently, what a sham that was, the pub bombings and the Carl Bridgewater fiasco in Stourbridge.

I'd like to think that the police have moved on, and generally I am sure they have, but there are some coppers who are 100% bellendious, as was witnessed at the home Newcastle match last season...
I used to work with the daughter of one of the Six.
The services have known for years who did - and didn't- do it.
I'd be surprised if anything comes of this, but I'm hopeful.