Schitt's Creek
Have just finished this on Netflix. I'm not big fan of Eugene Levy as a whole but found this quite easy watching over the past couple of weeks or so. The lass who plays Alexis has probably got one the best pairs of pins I've ever seen, if that helps you take the plunge.
(11-17-2020, 10:29 AM)Fido Wrote: Have just finished this on Netflix. I'm not big fan of Eugene Levy as a whole but found this quite easy watching over the past couple of weeks or so. The lass who plays Alexis has probably got one the best pairs of pins I've ever seen, if that helps you take the plunge.
Eugene Levy is great in Best Of Show and A Mighty Wind.  He has two left feet in the first if that helps.
Very easy viewing... another show that’s very easy to binge and lose a few hours of an afternoon... only 25 mins an episode too.

I can’t work out whether the actor playing Alexis is one of the finest actors around, or just playing herself.
(11-17-2020, 10:33 AM)hudds Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 10:29 AM)Fido Wrote: Have just finished this on Netflix. I'm not big fan of Eugene Levy as a whole but found this quite easy watching over the past couple of weeks or so. The lass who plays Alexis has probably got one the best pairs of pins I've ever seen, if that helps you take the plunge.
Eugene Levy is great in Best Of Show and A Mighty Wind.  He has two left feet in the first if that helps.

Actually that bit in Best Of Show where they've got in an American football presenter to cover the show and goes on about the basset needing a deerstalker and a pipe a la Sherlock Holmes had me in pieces.
(11-17-2020, 10:34 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Very easy viewing... another show that’s very easy to binge and lose a few hours of an afternoon... only 25 mins an episode too.

I can’t work out whether the actor playing Alexis is one of the finest actors around, or just playing herself.

I liked the characters of all of the family. It seems like Daniel Levy is playing a slightly exaggerated version of himself though.
(11-17-2020, 10:39 AM)Fido Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 10:34 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Very easy viewing... another show that’s very easy to binge and lose a few hours of an afternoon... only 25 mins an episode too.

I liked the characters of all of the family. It seems like Daniel Levy is playing a slightly exaggerated version of himself though.

I think that’s true for Alexis, David and Moira... think it’s also what gives it its naturalness, as I do believe they would all be very similar in person... whilst there’s a degree of nepotism in every member of the Levy clan seems involved in the producing, editing or acting it’s come together well as you can see how much fun they’re all having making it.
(11-17-2020, 10:38 AM)Fido Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 10:33 AM)hudds Wrote:

Actually that bit in Best Of Show where they've got in an American football presenter to cover the show and goes on about the basset needing a deerstalker and a pipe a la Sherlock Holmes had me in pieces.
Fred Willard
Some real laugh out loud moments, the interaction between the characters is brilliant. As parents of 20 something kids there are some brilliant episodes. Really worth watching.
Loved it and certainly made Covid bearable for a week or two.
Yep - loved it. Genuinely funny and occasionally heart-warming without being mawkish. Recommended.