Overpaid Nancy boys
(11-15-2020, 09:38 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:32 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:26 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:17 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:14 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: You been drinking?

Last time I checked, goals win games. Not dives.

Bang on. He has undoutded skill but he's really achieved fuck all. Nice flicks and tricks but what's he done to get us back in this game?

Also a back line with Mings, Dyer and Pickford ain't ever going to win you a trophy. We have plenty going forward but nothing at the back.

For me he has to stay in this side, he has been brilliant this half and was very good first half. Those  flicks and tricks have made him into an England player and he looks the part.
Hate to admit it, but it’d be idiocy to say otherwise, but Grealish is an excellent player.

He's looked good secong half. Garragher said himself that Belgium dropped off and allowed England and Grealish the ball. Grealish thrives in a team with possession. My question is what did he achieve or create with all that ball? Nothing. 

I'd be saying the same whoever he played for. He's easy on the eye but he has to achieve more before I'd start him. Since Southgate has changed his system we've tightened up at the back but have stopped scoring. Imo we look a much much better side with Sterling and Rashford either side of Kane as we have more pace to hurt teams and get behind them. 

That then means you'd need to play Grealish in a three in midfield which Southgate is reluctant to do. 

He's a good player but not in this system. It needs tweaking. I'd still take him to the Euros as we don't have anyone else like him but he'd be coming off the bench as an impact for me.
(11-15-2020, 09:39 PM)Fido Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:17 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:14 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: You been drinking?

Last time I checked, goals win games. Not dives.

Bang on. He has undoutded skill but he's really achieved fuck all. Nice flicks and tricks but what's he done to get us back in this game?

Also a back line with Mings, Dyer and Pickford ain't ever going to win you a trophy. We have plenty going forward but nothing at the back.

For me he has to stay in this side, he has been brilliant this half and was very good first half. Those  flicks and tricks have made him into an England player and he looks the part.

He’s been the only player behind Kane that’s actually tried to get a handle on the game. Too many functional players in that side.

Absolutely. 

Overall, Grealish was our best player and deserves to be starting games for England. He’s currently one of the best players in the Premier League. No matter how much we hate to admit it.

—————-Pope——————
Trent-Coady-Keane-Chillwell
——Winks——Henderson—
———-—Grealish————-
Rashford - Kane - Sterling
Yup, there’s little point being one eyed about Grealish right now. Just makes us look a little pathetic.
He does look like Father Damo though
(11-15-2020, 09:52 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: He does look like Father Damo though

Oh, he’s still a massive twat. That’s not up for debate.
(11-15-2020, 09:56 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:52 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: He does look like Father Damo though

Oh, he’s still a massive twat. That’s not up for debate.

Loffin
(11-15-2020, 08:09 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Being outclassed here
How on earth is Declan Rice in the side?

Because the 'messiah' Southgate picked him?
(11-15-2020, 08:12 PM)Duffers Wrote: Because he’s been playing well for West Ham and we have no other defensive midfielders.

Jake wants a word Pal.

(11-15-2020, 08:30 PM)wba13 Wrote: Some of you spout some crap, we’re 2 down by a deflection and a great free kick that should not have been given. We have had most of the play created more chances but for a great goal line clearance we would have equalised.  As for Grealish can’t stand the bloke but he’s been fouled virtually every time he gets the ball. But as usual Kane has been outstanding.

2 'efforts' on target in 96 minutes  Huh

(11-15-2020, 09:39 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:38 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:17 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Last time I checked, goals win games. Not dives.

Hate to admit it, but it’d be idiocy to say otherwise, but Grealish is an excellent player.

World class.

Aye, him and Tom Daley.

(11-15-2020, 09:35 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:30 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:21 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Errr
Old saying that we all see game’s differently. 
England have been unfortunate. They can take heart in this performance.

Absolutely. You can't win them all. Plenty of positives to work with from the game

Haven't they won 2 out of 5 and in so doing not qualified for a mickey-mouse competition?
Very strange attitude to England I detect by many. This nations league is the equivalent to the modern League Cup and really only there to replace even more pointless friendlies. In them teams will try out new players, different systems etc, etc. if you lose, so what?
England are, at the minute, in the big scheme, the best that most of us have known. Got to the semis in 2018, and ranked 4th in the world. However, many want to take a pop. Why?
We've a really talented team and actually look like possibilities to win a tournament, something only those of around pension age can recall ever happening.
As for last night, you can make the score justify that Belgium had England comfortably in their place, but on the other hand we've all seen games when the best side loses and you just don't get the rub of the green.
Regarding trying to downplay Grealish, really it's better say nothing at all because it looks small time. He's a cracking player and regardless of if he cements himself a place in the team or not, we can't dispute as much as he's dis-likable, he is a huge asset to Villa, and maybe England too, in the fullness of time. Trying to scorn him whilst we're on our arses not able to get a win for love nor money is pathetic. Better give credit where it's due or switch conversation.
Grealish is good. But let’s not pretend he’s Maradona. He isn’t, and for all the limelight he took it is the efficiency of Belgium we should be talking about in restricting him to being a vacuum for any possession we had. They were happy to defend the many fouls he drew all night. Didn’t hurt them one bit.