Overpaid Nancy boys
(11-16-2020, 02:27 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 12:26 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 09:29 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Grealish is good. But let’s not pretend he’s Maradona. He isn’t, and for all the limelight he took it is the efficiency of Belgium we should be talking about in restricting him to being a vacuum for any possession we had. They were happy to defend the many fouls he drew all night. Didn’t hurt them one bit.

Exactly. For all of the blow jobs he is receiving from the media, our form has been shocking since he came into the team.

He’s not the messiah but he is a very good player and one we simply do not have an abundance of in this country. He was the best player on the pitch for me but I still think he’ll go full ‘it’s all about me’ at some point that will slow his progress. 

As for form, we’ve won 2, drew one and lost one with a positive 4 GD. 

14 minutes against Denmark - Draw
76 minutes against Wales - 3 nil win
61 minutes against RoI - 3 nil win 
90 minutes against Belgium - 2 nil defeat

See, mid-table form  Big Grin

I'm stripping Graham Roberts of his knighthood for high treason.
(11-16-2020, 03:14 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 09:29 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Grealish is good. But let’s not pretend he’s Maradona. He isn’t, and for all the limelight he took it is the efficiency of Belgium we should be talking about in restricting him to being a vacuum for any possession we had. They were happy to defend the many fouls he drew all night. Didn’t hurt them one bit.

Exactly. For all of the blow jobs he is receiving from the media, our form has been shocking since he came into the team.

He’s not the messiah but he is a very good player and one we simply do not have an abundance of in this country. He was the best player on the pitch for me but I still think he’ll go full ‘it’s all about me’ at some point that will slow his progress. 

Ha!  Wink
I did find some of the comments abhorrent - especially comparisons to Gazza. Reminded me (to a lesser extent obviously) of David Bentley being compared to Beckham.

(11-16-2020, 03:14 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Ha!  Wink
I did find some of the comments abhorrent - especially comparisons to Gazza. Reminded me (to a lesser extent obviously) of David Bentley being touted as the new Beckham.