Des O’Conner
Gave me (or his agent did?) an early break, playing in his tour band. He was funnier live than on TV, and a charmer behind scenes. It’s a rare thing as many celebs are right bar stewards in their dressing rooms. Not this one. RIP
(11-15-2020, 07:24 PM)hudds Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 05:22 PM)pickrollflickgoal Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 11:13 AM)hudds Wrote: I think he married a Pensnett wench 'ears agoo.

His first wife. Phyllis Gill from Commonside. Des enjoyed a few scoops in the High Oak by all accounts.

Thanks aer kid.  Ah wor a-gooin saft or too ode ter remember properly then.

The High Oak is (was?) one of the few pubs left in Pensett last time I went back wum (Pensnett area) two ear agoo.  Wor the saerm.

The High Oak is a Desi boozer these days and quite popular, mate. I prefer a cheese and onion cob and a bag of plain crisps with my pint but yow cor get that these days. Angry
(11-15-2020, 10:49 PM)pickrollflickgoal Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 07:24 PM)hudds Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 05:22 PM)pickrollflickgoal Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 11:13 AM)hudds Wrote: I think he married a Pensnett wench 'ears agoo.

His first wife. Phyllis Gill from Commonside. Des enjoyed a few scoops in the High Oak by all accounts.

Thanks aer kid.  Ah wor a-gooin saft or too ode ter remember properly then.

The High Oak is (was?) one of the few pubs left in Pensett last time I went back wum (Pensnett area) two ear agoo.  Wor the saerm.

The High Oak is a Desi boozer these days and quite popular, mate. I prefer a cheese and onion cob and a bag of plain crisps with my pint but yow cor get that these days. Angry

elf n serftee!  Rolleyes
(11-15-2020, 01:31 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: RIP Des another of the great all round entertainers leaves us. Thanks for the "yes or no" game. Had a couple of hit singles to boot.

Classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVynquPAuO0
R. I. P Des

Another face from my 80's childhood goes.