Andy Giddings. His Pulis "analysis"...
(11-14-2020, 01:40 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I wanted Megson to stay till the end of the season. I hold we would have stayed up and Field would now be a key ayer for us.

But it's only my opinion of course. No way of proving it.

Given how close the combo of Partridge and then Moore were - you have to think we would have got a few more points under Megson and Moore. Might have been enough
(11-14-2020, 04:54 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:08 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:12 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:00 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Maybe that had something with him taking over when we had 5 consecutive seasons in the Premier League.

Foster, Olsson, McAuley, Dawson, Yacob, Mulumbu, Morrison, Brunt. The core of the side and none of them were signed by TP.

Isn't that the core that were looking relegation certs when he came?

This was the relegation certs that weren’t in the bottom 3 when he arrived?

Burton and AFI had really messed that summer recruitment up, but the bulk of the squad that had been midtable was still in situ. It was only ludicrous decisions behind the scenes and a scattergun approach to new signings and appointments that had dragged us into the mire.

TP came in, reverted to the core who’d done well under Roy and Clark, and stamped some authority over what was quickly becoming a doss house.

So not being in the bottom 3 is OK when he arrived but not when he had to go?

Because he’d had 3 years and a shit load of money for us... 

I’m merely saying this myth we were stranded in the relegation zone and 100% going down and only TP could save us when he arrived isn’t true.

Like the myth he was taking us down with 10 games of the season gone
(11-14-2020, 06:24 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:12 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Isn't that the core that were looking relegation certs when he came?

This was the relegation certs that weren’t in the bottom 3 when he arrived?

Burton and AFI had really messed that summer recruitment up, but the bulk of the squad that had been midtable was still in situ. It was only ludicrous decisions behind the scenes and a scattergun approach to new signings and appointments that had dragged us into the mire.

TP came in, reverted to the core who’d done well under Roy and Clark, and stamped some authority over what was quickly becoming a doss house.

I’m merely saying this myth we were stranded in the relegation zone and 100% going down and only TP could save us when he arrived isn’t true.

I’ve no idea how anyone can defend the idea of keeping him longer than we did
Nobody that witnessed any of those rudderless performances that season can reasonably argue Pulis shouldn't have gone. Further to that, look at the state he left us in off field with aging players and dwindling cash reserves. On top of this just look at the amount of season ticket holders that vanished. Even Pulis himself couldn't believe he was still in a job after the Huddersfield debacle.
(11-14-2020, 07:02 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 06:24 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: This was the relegation certs that weren’t in the bottom 3 when he arrived?

I’ve no idea how anyone can defend the idea of keeping him longer than we did

And I have no idea how anyone could want the dross available at the time to replace him and not bide time till someone became available. There were bigger more attractive managerial positions at the time filled by the usual suspects on the merry go round. Lots said we'd survive without Pulis, they'd rather us get relegated than keep him or anyone would be better than him. All bollox
since making his debut for Barca Messi has scored 711 goals.
Teams managed by Pulis have scored 690.
(11-14-2020, 09:07 PM)Bilich Wrote: since making his debut for Barca Messi has scored 711 goals.

When did we sign him?
(11-14-2020, 09:12 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 09:07 PM)Bilich Wrote: since making his debut for Barca Messi has scored 711 goals.

When did we sign him?

We missed out. Fax paper shortage.
Even DK’s lot got Pulis fatigue. It set in a lot quicker here because the football was so (hate this word, merely because is was every tenth word on here at one point) ‘turgid’; and as a club that used to pride itself on free-flowing football and flair players we are just not used to it.

Even SOW came in for a little flak at times for his setup, particularly at home. But we still had the firepower and the panache to hurt teams, and - unlike TP - Woy never took away their license to do that as long as the shape remained. The difference showed; especially in the final quarter of the season.

There were very few complaints when TP left. We’d all had enough yonks before he finally did.
(11-14-2020, 09:57 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: 3 years ffs. Let it go

I still can't get over the Saunders era 33 years ago