Andy Giddings. His Pulis "analysis"...
Someone said on the other thread that the 'shit' team he assembled was so good only 2 of the current one would get in it.
(11-14-2020, 02:45 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Someone said on the other thread that the 'shit' team he assembled was so good only 2 of the current one would get in it.

Maybe that had something with him taking over when we had 5 consecutive seasons in the Premier League.

Foster, Olsson, McAuley, Dawson, Yacob, Mulumbu, Morrison, Brunt. The core of the side and none of them were signed by TP.
(11-14-2020, 03:00 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 02:45 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Someone said on the other thread that the 'shit' team he assembled was so good only 2 of the current one would get in it.

Maybe that had something with him taking over when we had 5 consecutive seasons in the Premier League.

Foster, Olsson, McAuley, Dawson, Yacob, Mulumbu, Morrison, Brunt. The core of the side and none of them were signed by TP.

Isn't that the core that were looking relegation certs when he came?
As others have said above things went south when Pulis put his own self-interest and personal issues above the well-being of the club.

A motivated and focused Pulis would have kept us up IMO.
(11-14-2020, 03:18 PM)Duffers Wrote: As others have said above things went south when Pulis put his own self-interest and personal issues above the well-being of the club.

A motivated and focused Pulis would have kept us up IMO.

That's a conspiracy theory resulting from it coinciding with him struggling to integrate the new signings (and a demanded style change alien to him) and him losing the court case. If anything the loss in court would make him more determined in order to get his stay up bonus.
(11-14-2020, 02:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 01:40 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I wanted Megson to stay till the end of the season. I hold we would have stayed up and Field would now be a key ayer for us.

But it's only my opinion of course. No way of proving it.

Think you’re right Birdy. At the time I wasn’t keen on Megson remaining in charge as I felt the world had moved on and we couldn’t let sentiment overrule our heads, but given what we ended up with there’s no way SGM would have done worse than Pardiola.

The fight we showed in the games at Spurs and against Newcastle was so refreshing and you just know Gary wouldn’t have tolerated performances like Hudds at home. If we’d held on to beat Newcastle, who knows what would have happened.

I wanted Megson to stay too. I’m sure we would have stayed up. He was never afraid to play young players and we would have been organised enough to stay up.

The way Pardew treated Field was disgraceful.
(11-14-2020, 03:12 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

This was the relegation certs that weren’t in the bottom 3 when he arrived?

Burton and AFI had really messed that summer recruitment up, but the bulk of the squad that had been midtable was still in situ. It was only ludicrous decisions behind the scenes and a scattergun approach to new signings and appointments that had dragged us into the mire.

TP came in, reverted to the core who’d done well under Roy and Clark, and stamped some authority over what was quickly becoming a doss house.
Interesting topic, however I'd have titled this thread 'The Andy Gittins Punalysis'. I like what it infers about him.
(11-14-2020, 03:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Burton and AFI had really messed that summer recruitment up, but the bulk of the squad that had been midtable was still in situ. It was only ludicrous decisions behind the scenes and a scattergun approach to new signings and appointments that had dragged us into the mire.

TP came in, reverted to the core who’d done well under Roy and Clark, and stamped some authority over what was quickly becoming a doss house.

So not being in the bottom 3 is OK when he arrived but not when he had to go?
(11-14-2020, 04:08 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 03:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

So not being in the bottom 3 is OK when he arrived but not when he had to go?

Because he’d had 3 years and a shit load of money for us... 

I’m merely saying this myth we were stranded in the relegation zone and 100% going down and only TP could save us when he arrived isn’t true.