Andy Giddings. His Pulis "analysis"...
(11-14-2020, 09:57 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: 3 years ffs. Let it go

Seeing as both Gould and Saunders are still (not so) fondly referred to on here after all these years I think your request to let it go will fall on deaf ea.. Pardon, what did you say?
(11-14-2020, 10:48 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 10:12 AM)boingingbaggie Wrote: I REALLY wish we’d kept him that season. This fuggin ’never relegated’ drives me mad. Our relegation was totally on that dinosaur and the shite he served up. Pardew took the flack (correctly in some cases) but most of that relegation was on the twat in the cap.

His tactics were boring and very hard to endure game after game but that statement is absolutely wrong. He's never been relegated because avoiding relegation is his strength. There was 2 thirds of a season left at least to bore us enough to 40ish points. When he was fired we were averaging nearly a point per game while struggling to integrate the biggest influx of newly signed players for a long time. Darren reverted to very similar tactics and line ups and nearly pulled it off in about 7 games. Pulis would have hit the panic button long before and had a good chance of keeping us up. Pulis has done this time after time wherever he's managed or been called in as a season saver.

In fact Darren phoned Pulis several times for advice before games

10 games without a win. Our last couple of performances under Pulis were awful. He didn't care anymore and neither did the players. They had enough of him without a doubt. A new voice was needed. That showed when Megson was in charge and we looked much better. Sadly we gave the job to Pardew instead of sticking with Megson until the end of the season.

Pulis was taking us down.
The squad was good enough to survive, Pulis’ actively courted the sack and put his crooked self interest over that of the club. The relegation is immaterial, it’s his behaviour and attitude during that spell that still drives such animosity.

Tony should have left that summer with our best regards, but having finished in the top half he was never going to get the bullet regardless of form. He got his new deal and then set about engineering a payoff.

Relegation is on Williams and Hammond for thinking Pardew was the man to keep us up, Pardew just did what Pardew does... Pulis for me doesn’t get the blame for relegation, as there was plenty of time for anyone competent to keep us up, however he should feel the scorn for deliberately endangering our place in the PL for his own self interest.
Pretty much what SW4 said.

TCITC set about getting himself the sack, deliberately in my opinion. He wanted out for whatever reason and he engineered it, I doubt many of the players were sad to him go. Chuck in Evans wanting out too and it was a recipe for disaster. Doesn’t ever excuse the lazy appointment of Pardew, another stain on our club.

We know Pulis has got form of shitting on clubs, and he did us too, he is a proven liar and for those reasons I’ll forever abuse him when he appears next at our club.

I can’t wait to lose 1-0 to Sheff Wed next season without them having a shot on target and the ball being in play for about 6 mins.
(11-14-2020, 12:26 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The squad was good enough to survive, Pulis’ actively courted the sack and put his crooked self interest over that of the club. The relegation is immaterial, it’s his behaviour and attitude during that spell that still drives such animosity.

Tony should have left that summer with our best regards, but having finished in the top half he was never going to get the bullet regardless of form. He got his new deal and then set about engineering a payoff.

Relegation is on Williams and Hammond for thinking Pardew was the man to keep us up, Pardew just did what Pardew does... Pulis for me doesn’t get the blame for relegation, as there was plenty of time for anyone competent to keep us up, however he should feel the scorn for deliberately endangering our place in the PL for his own self interest.

Bang on. A de motivated Pulis really was the worst of both worlds. 

Pardews tenure was dreadful overall. But after a few decent performances/ results something really changed - starting at City away
(11-14-2020, 12:58 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 12:26 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The squad was good enough to survive, Pulis’ actively courted the sack and put his crooked self interest over that of the club. The relegation is immaterial, it’s his behaviour and attitude during that spell that still drives such animosity.

Bang on. A de motivated Pulis really was the worst of both worlds. 

Pardews tenure was dreadful overall. But after a few decent performances/ results something really changed - starting at City away

Yup.

We got our Pardew bounce in fairness but it didn’t translate into points... had we managed to turn a couple of the draws with WHU, Everton, Palace etc into the wins our performances deserved, who knows what may have happened.

This is the truth. As soon as Pulis lost that court case, he lost interest in this football club. I shall leave it for others to speculate as to why that might be.
I wanted Megson to stay till the end of the season. I hold we would have stayed up and Field would now be a key ayer for us.

But it's only my opinion of course. No way of proving it.
(11-14-2020, 01:40 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I wanted Megson to stay till the end of the season. I hold we would have stayed up and Field would now be a key ayer for us.

But it's only my opinion of course. No way of proving it.

Think you’re right Birdy. At the time I wasn’t keen on Megson remaining in charge as I felt the world had moved on and we couldn’t let sentiment overrule our heads, but given what we ended up with there’s no way SGM would have done worse than Pardiola.

The fight we showed in the games at Spurs and against Newcastle was so refreshing and you just know Gary wouldn’t have tolerated performances like Hudds at home. If we’d held on to beat Newcastle, who knows what would have happened.
One of the best things Megson did was put his faith in Field and start him. He was great against Newcastle including scoring a goal. Pardew then comes in and puts him out wide against Swansea for some reason then subs him off at half time. Disgraceful management of a young player.