Birmingham Voters to require photo ID
(11-13-2020, 09:28 AM)petty sniper Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 05:47 PM)Protheroe Wrote: If ever there was a City that needed voter ID it is Birmingham. It will disenfranchise no-one except the tiny number who can't even be arsed to get a free ID.

and whispers, the less people vote, the better for us

That's "fewer". Please snipe grammatically. Thanks.
(11-13-2020, 09:40 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 09:31 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 05:47 PM)Protheroe Wrote: If ever there was a City that needed voter ID it is Birmingham. It will disenfranchise no-one except the tiny number who can't even be arsed to get a free ID.

If you can get a free issued ID (in the unlikely event you don't happen to have a passport, driving licence or any other photo ID) I fail to understand why on Earth less people would vote.

And who's "us"? I'm not involved anymore.

I love the denial of being a part of the shit show now as you have resigned from the Tory party that you campaigned and voted for. You had the opportunity to see the mess that is the Tory party at close quarters (IIRC very close quarters at the party conference form what you said) and still pushed their ideology forward.

And before you come back with the stock response of least worst bullshit, you didn't have to vote for either especially when you could see how damaging the future would be if these idiots got into power.

And much like Dom you can see the next disaster approaching that is Brexit and you are distancing yourself. Brexit was always going to be a car crash and about half of the population could see that in 2016 and low and behold we are on the precipice of that very car crash and you are saying 'not me guv'.

As for ids - never been an issue for me, but I don't see why a driving licence won't be sufficient and if you don't have that then you need the id.

You really should get to know why and go through proths posts before making Sweeping statements why he left the tory party and rightly so what happened to his mother........
(11-13-2020, 12:19 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 11:53 AM)petty sniper Wrote: If the state will offer you FREE ID and it is easy to get it will not prevent fraud.  If, however that state ID requires you to provide a birth certificate and have a form verified by a proffesional then that adds potential cost and barrier to vote.  To pick up a parcel a bank card has always been fine for me.

Let's be honest about this. If you're so lacking in documentation, how can you be claiming Benefits? How do you have an Bank Account? How did you pass the checks for a Rental Property?

I'm sorry, but the practical arguments against this are non-existent.

You cannot exist in this country without some basic forms of ID.

The state will offer FREE ID. Without cost, free.
Plus 100
(11-13-2020, 02:11 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 09:40 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 09:31 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

If you can get a free issued ID (in the unlikely event you don't happen to have a passport, driving licence or any other photo ID) I fail to understand why on Earth less people would vote.

And who's "us"? I'm not involved anymore.

I love the denial of being a part of the shit show now as you have resigned from the Tory party that you campaigned and voted for. You had the opportunity to see the mess that is the Tory party at close quarters (IIRC very close quarters at the party conference form what you said) and still pushed their ideology forward.

And before you come back with the stock response of least worst bullshit, you didn't have to vote for either especially when you could see how damaging the future would be if these idiots got into power.

And much like Dom you can see the next disaster approaching that is Brexit and you are distancing yourself. Brexit was always going to be a car crash and about half of the population could see that in 2016 and low and behold we are on the precipice of that very car crash and you are saying 'not me guv'.

As for ids - never been an issue for me, but I don't see why a driving licence won't be sufficient and if you don't have that then you need the id.

You really should get to know why and go through proths posts before making Sweeping statements why he left the tory party and rightly so what happened to his mother........

did she find him wanking over pritti and have a bigoted corona?