Officer Dennis Grey at HMRC
(11-11-2020, 03:58 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 02:57 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: My partner was apparently involved in a car accident that wasn't her fault. Considering she doesn't drive that came as news to her!

I had the same call. Surprised me too because it was my fault.

She loves a Scalectrix mind. One of those can really smart if you lose in on a bend into someone's ankle. Maybe it was that.
(11-11-2020, 11:08 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 02:57 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: My partner was apparently involved in a car accident that wasn't her fault. Considering she doesn't drive that came as news to her!

She loves a Scalectrix mind. One of those can really smart if you lose in on a bend into someone's ankle. Maybe it was that.

Old timer! TCR for the win! Smile
(11-12-2020, 10:49 AM)MassDebater Wrote:

I remember when I got TCR for Christmas one year, did'nt get a look in once my Dad and uncles got on it, was proper light touch required none of those slot car rubbish just a small magnet to keep it on the track was a boss present though
(11-12-2020, 07:13 PM)fbaggy Wrote:

I remember when I got TCR for Christmas one year, did'nt get a look in once my Dad and uncles got on it, was proper light touch required none of those slot car rubbish just a small magnet to keep it on the track was a boss present though

Yeah, I had one too, the figure of eight crossing over layout, if you powered it right you could jump the car off the bridge and onto the track below and it would carry on... As I recall the cars were a bit flimsy though and flying off at speed into the wall really didn't do them any good!
(11-11-2020, 11:06 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I've also started to get text messages purporting to be off my bank and that a transfer to someone has failed and to follow their link to fix it. First one I had to look it up as it claimed to be the Halifax and I do have an account with them, today's was Abbey national who I don't. Would be very easy for someone less savvy, elderly or with poor eyesight to follow the link without thinking though.

You did send money to that Nigerian Prince though!  Big Grin
(11-12-2020, 07:17 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 11:06 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I've also started to get text messages purporting to be off my bank and that a transfer to someone has failed and to follow their link to fix it. First one I had to look it up as it claimed to be the Halifax and I do have an account with them, today's was Abbey national who I don't. Would be very easy for someone less savvy, elderly or with poor eyesight to follow the link without thinking though.

Yeah, the fucker never sent me the 30 trillion million dollars pounds Zloty either, I think I may have been duped! Smile

Long Dong Silver!   Big Grin
(11-12-2020, 07:20 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Long Dong Silver!   Big Grin

You called??  Big Grin
These are so obviously scams.
But the fact that they keep doing it means, I guess, that some must pay off.
They probably know what percentage, and keep doing it till they hook one poor victim.
What a sad sad job for someone, though, making these calls for a living!
(11-12-2020, 07:13 PM)fbaggy Wrote:

TCR = Totally Crap Racing was how we knew it.