Sunday - Do or Die IMO
(11-04-2020, 01:10 PM)wba13 Wrote: Have a feeling your going to be wrong Birdman Albion v Spuds is nearly always close. I’m not saying we will win but it will be closer than you predict.

Lack of motivation recently concerns me.

Needless to say I hope I'm wrong!
So do I birdman but you know me always positive but rarely right.
(11-04-2020, 11:48 AM)The liquidator Wrote: My pal who is spurs season ticket holder always says we give them the most trouble of the midland sides.

Not just your pal. Spurs fans in general hate playing us. Especially at their place as we always seem to knick something.

Can’t see it Sunday though.
Wim doooooooomed! Unfortunately.
Totally and utterly dry bummed.
(11-04-2020, 11:36 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 11:22 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: I think Sunday is absolutely huge. 

We have to take advantage of Spurs playing on Thursday and then Sunday at Mid Day.

We are @ Home. We need to be positive. We actually have a half decent record against them.

If ever we needed a result to be pulled out the back it’s Sunday.

It won’t be easy but hope we can show desire, fight and a little quality to nick 3 points

Given that Spurs are more than likely to send their stiffs for the EL I’m not sure how much difference it’ll make.

Not sure they can afford to as they lost to Antwerp.

(11-04-2020, 12:11 PM)hudds Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 12:04 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Depressing reading these posts.
Our only chance of survival is sticking together. Right through the club down to us fans. The quality is not enough but the spirit might be.
And for me that means backing the manager. We knew before the season started that there'd be many defeats. 
Albion never seem capable of thinking long term.
Sack Bilic and what?
This year's Pulis or pardew I guess. That'd go well.

When the manager/coach bewails the lack of effort and enterprise of his own players, that is the fish rotting from the head down.

No other club has seen fit to think "long term" with Slav.

Your concern about replacement with Puls or Pardew isn't the point.  It's the rotting fish.

Mourinho did the same last week.
(11-05-2020, 09:07 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

We have to take advantage of Spurs playing on Thursday and then Sunday at Mid Day.

We are @ Home. We need to be positive. We actually have a half decent record against them.

It won’t be easy but hope we can show desire, fight and a little quality to nick 3 points

Given that Spurs are more than likely to send their stiffs for the EL I’m not sure how much difference it’ll make.

Our only chance of survival is sticking together. Right through the club down to us fans. The quality is not enough but the spirit might be.
And for me that means backing the manager. We knew before the season started that there'd be many defeats. 
Sack Bilic and what?

When the manager/coach bewails the lack of effort and enterprise of his own players, that is the fish rotting from the head down.

Your concern about replacement with Puls or Pardew isn't the point.  It's the rotting fish.

You’re working on the assumption that Jose gives a fuck about the EL.

Their stiffs will be enough to get through that group.
(11-04-2020, 11:30 AM)billybassett Wrote: Monday was the huge one and we never turned up. We've not won a league game in the last 13 or so? And you think Sunday we will.

No chance

Let's just hope Brighton and Burnley draw, Sheff lose, Fulham lose so we can stay in touch.

I hear our new owner is turning up for the game, Wim Fukked.
(11-05-2020, 09:12 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 11:30 AM)billybassett Wrote: Monday was the huge one and we never turned up. We've not won a league game in the last 13 or so? And you think Sunday we will.

No chance

Let's just hope Brighton and Burnley draw, Sheff lose, Fulham lose so we can stay in touch.

I hear our new owner is turning up for the game, Wim Fukked.

I thought the owner was Chinese, not Dutch?
Taking into account the window, integrating new signings and the opposition, so far this season Burnley and Fulham are the only two games I felt we might nick however as I said before the game I'd be happy with a point. We lost (so a point lost) but we gained an unexpected point against Chelsea.

This team has been gradually improving over the last few games and we saw in the last half hour against Brighton what it may be capable of. 

It could be argued that Bilic was too loyal the other night in picking his captain Livermore and one of his protégés Diangana and we fell off the horse, neither of the two players concerned however being either directly or indirectly responsible for the goals. 

So both Bilic and the players need to try and put that right against one of the teams being tipped as potential champions. 

Will Bilic stick with the same 11 or tweak it? I think he may switch Pereira and Kroc with Kroc playing wide right with Pereira in the centre or possibly leave Kroc out and put Robinson in. 

Be very happy with a point on Sunday though it's  unlikely. 

We can't however be looking to sack Bilic at this stage that would be ridiculous. If we haven't hit 10 points by Xmas then you may consider bringing someone else in but will they have any room for manoeuvre in the January window?  Doubtful. 

Bilic in my view is the best person to get the best out these players, it's virtually his team. So I think we should stick with him.

(11-05-2020, 09:12 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 09:07 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

Sack Bilic and what?

You’re working on the assumption that Jose gives a fuck about the EL.

Their stiffs will be enough to get through that group.

I'm working on the assumption that (a) he needs to win a trophy and (b) the EL is a potential insurance policy if they don't finish top 4 in what is the strongest league probably since its inauguration, so I think he'll take a strong squad.