Lockdown II - The positives
My curry experience on Tuesday was improved by being told it was buy a pint, get another free.
Final hour in the pub last night, similar experience as they wanted to close at 9.30. Free posh crisps as well.
I'm going to struggle to find any positives between now and Dec 2nd.
(11-05-2020, 06:34 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:14 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:06 AM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 07:44 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: With gyms closing again, there will be loads of fit birds out jogging
Less traffic on the roads
Less aircraft noise

Others?

I'm still in work - the M6 was bad this morning compared to yesterday. Hopefully it'll be a nicer drive home tonight.

I'm on the roads for work and today seems no fucking different down here. Certainly way more traffic than the last lockdown.

Tell me about it. I drove to Cambridge this morning the traffic on the A14 was as bad as ever. There is no lockdown.

I worked in Ipswich for 9 months for AXA Imsurance (thought I best mention who before C A Baggie posts to say I’m telling porkies). Anyhow, the A14 wasn’t too bad until near cambridge and heading about 8 miles south as that bit was always a nightmare with traffic heading to London. Same returning home on a Friday, that stretch was a nightmare and it made me laugh as there were speed cameras that they’d have to be set at 5mph to catch anyone speeding during rush hour!!!
(11-05-2020, 03:41 PM)PeakBaggie Wrote: My daily commute to work was busier than yesterday, plenty of trucks and white vans on the 
road made me wonder what lockdown

Unless I'm being whooshed, trucks and vans on the road was the norm during 1st lockdown, as they're delivering an essential services.

I can concur that the commute to Bartley Green this morning was as busy as normal. Perhaps most are going to see this week out before they work from home etc.
Factory's are still open and other industries so can't see any difference on the roads.
(11-05-2020, 03:36 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 02:06 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Cunts only half-emptied my recycling this week. Dunno why - perhaps it was because there was a ton of shredded paper in the bottom. With the amount of nasty shit I have to dispose of (and given that this isn't my house), this means war <in a daffy duck voice>.

If you're disposing of bodies, speak to 'Puss, he got good at that when he was in Hostel Wink

Lies. lies all lies!!  Dodgy
(11-05-2020, 07:07 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:34 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:14 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:06 AM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 07:44 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: With gyms closing again, there will be loads of fit birds out jogging
Less traffic on the roads
Less aircraft noise

Others?

I'm still in work - the M6 was bad this morning compared to yesterday. Hopefully it'll be a nicer drive home tonight.

I'm on the roads for work and today seems no fucking different down here. Certainly way more traffic than the last lockdown.

Tell me about it. I drove to Cambridge this morning the traffic on the A14 was as bad as ever. There is no lockdown.

I worked in Ipswich for 9 months for AXA Imsurance (thought I best mention who before C A Baggie posts to say I’m telling porkies). Anyhow, the A14 wasn’t too bad until near cambridge and heading about 8 miles south as that bit was always a nightmare with traffic heading to London. Same returning home on a Friday, that stretch was a nightmare and it made me laugh as there were speed cameras that they’d have to be set at 5mph to catch anyone speeding during rush hour!!!

Lying cunt!  Big Grin
Business as usual for me.

Town was quite busy today, lots of folk about. Lots of police too...