Lockdown II - The positives
It's not lockdown, it's mockdown.

My office is in a courtyard. It has around 80 car park spaces. In first lockdown, all the offices were closed. No cars. Yesterday there were 38 cars on the car park. Today there are 24. So yes, some reduction, but not the mass hysteria of the last lockdown.

I popped into my local "Household Recycling Centre" today, which I have to do every fortnight. This is because despite paying £3K in household rates, we only have a domestic waste collection every fortnight. That means that every other week I have to drop off black bags for "recycling". The site is outside, and is covid friendly, in that the number of bays are halved, and only 1 person can approach a container at any one time.

Upon approaching the entrance, I showed my pass, and attempted to enter. I was surprised that the operative on the gate (who wasn't wearing any face covering), gestured me to slow down and wanted to talk. I lowered my car window. He was less than 2 metres away. He asked me "what have you got on today?". To which I replied "black bags and household waste".

He replied "There is a lockdown on, so it is essential waste only". I retorted "it doesn't say that on your website", and he let me pass. It's fucking ridiculous. What do they want; household waste gathering on the kerbside and all the obvious health issues that this brings?? Perhaps I should have said I have plasterboard, kryptonite and radioactive mass.
Considering I never saw a single fit bird jogging during the first one, when the weather was nice, I think you are being overly optimistic.

There are no positives, except that maybe the NHS won't collapse over winter. Achieve that and it'll be worth it (but with 11,000 people in hospitals in serious condition due to COV already, it may be a lockdown that comes too late).

(11-05-2020, 11:58 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: It's not lockdown, it's mockdown.

My office is in a courtyard. It has around 80 car park spaces. In first lockdown, all the offices were closed. No cars. Yesterday there were 38 cars on the car park. Today there are 24. So yes, some reduction, but not the mass hysteria of the last lockdown.

I popped into my local "Household Recycling Centre" today, which I have to do every fortnight. This is because despite paying £3K in household rates, we only have a domestic waste collection every fortnight. That means that every other week I have to drop off black bags for "recycling". The site is outside, and is covid friendly, in that the number of bays are halved, and only 1 person can approach a container at any one time.

Upon approaching the entrance, I showed my pass, and attempted to enter. I was surprised that the operative on the gate (who wasn't wearing any face covering), gestured me to slow down and wanted to talk. I lowered my car window. He was less than 2 metres away. He asked me "what have you got on today?". To which I replied "black bags and household waste".

He replied "There is a lockdown on, so it is essential waste only". I retorted "it doesn't say that on your website", and he let me pass. It's fucking ridiculous. What do they want; household waste gathering on the kerbside and all the obvious health issues that this brings?? Perhaps I should have said I have plasterboard, kryptonite and radioactive mass.

Novichock, that's the only thing allowed Wink
Cunts only half-emptied my recycling this week. Dunno why - perhaps it was because there was a ton of shredded paper in the bottom. With the amount of nasty shit I have to dispose of (and given that this isn't my house), this means war <in a daffy duck voice>.
(11-05-2020, 02:06 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Cunts only half-emptied my recycling this week. Dunno why - perhaps it was because there was a ton of shredded paper in the bottom. With the amount of nasty shit I have to dispose of (and given that this isn't my house), this means war <in a daffy duck voice>.

If you're disposing of bodies, speak to 'Puss, he got good at that when he was in Hostel Wink
My daily commute to work was busier than yesterday, plenty of trucks and white vans on the 
road made me wonder what lockdown
(11-05-2020, 02:06 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Cunts only half-emptied my recycling this week. Dunno why - perhaps it was because there was a ton of shredded paper in the bottom. With the amount of nasty shit I have to dispose of (and given that this isn't my house), this means war <in a daffy duck voice>.

"Thats disth-picable"
(11-05-2020, 03:52 PM)MrFizz Wrote:

"Thats disth-picable"

Big Grin
Fewer fireworks or people complaining about fireworks.
(11-05-2020, 11:14 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:06 AM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 07:44 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: With gyms closing again, there will be loads of fit birds out jogging
Less traffic on the roads
Less aircraft noise

Others?

I'm still in work - the M6 was bad this morning compared to yesterday. Hopefully it'll be a nicer drive home tonight.

I'm on the roads for work and today seems no fucking different down here. Certainly way more traffic than the last lockdown.

Tell me about it. I drove to Cambridge this morning the traffic on the A14 was as bad as ever. There is no lockdown.
(11-05-2020, 06:34 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:14 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:06 AM)Mr vertical Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 07:44 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: With gyms closing again, there will be loads of fit birds out jogging
Less traffic on the roads
Less aircraft noise

Others?

I'm still in work - the M6 was bad this morning compared to yesterday. Hopefully it'll be a nicer drive home tonight.

I'm on the roads for work and today seems no fucking different down here. Certainly way more traffic than the last lockdown.

Tell me about it. I drove to Cambridge this morning the traffic on the A14 was as bad as ever. There is no lockdown.

Did you have a punt with Poch?