Derby
Out of interest, what % of these multi-billionaire owners promising to spend fortunes actually work out?

City, Chelsea... and Wolves at present... which others have really ended up achieving much more in the long run than say we have over the last decade or so?
(11-05-2020, 04:12 PM)Albionmad Wrote: For that to happen we need to become an attractive buyers club like the Dingles.

Noone in his right mind is going to pay what Lai paid Baldy or anywhere near it.

We need a couple of relegations and teeter on the edge of bankruptcy before someone pays a quid and gets us rolling.

Well we're on the right track.
(11-05-2020, 10:33 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 04:12 PM)Albionmad Wrote: For that to happen we need to become an attractive buyers club like the Dingles.

Noone in his right mind is going to pay what Lai paid Baldy or anywhere near it.

We need a couple of relegations and teeter on the edge of bankruptcy before someone pays a quid and gets us rolling.

Well we're on the right track.

LOL!
(11-05-2020, 04:15 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 04:11 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 04:09 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Look to be getting another mega owner, part of the Abu Dhabi dynasty.

Ffs

When will it ever be our turn? Depressing with little hope of getting much better than we are at the moment.

Therefore, the three clubs I see as I most despise personally will then be off the chart with excitement, hope and boundless possibilities as their cash gives them so much advantage we could become irrelevant.
We cannot compete with all our rivals seemingly having limitless funds whilst we seem to scratch around for pennies and some of our fan base think we should be thanking our owners for lacking any ambition.

We are becoming more and more pointless at the top level with such wretched owners - who is the owner by the way ?

Pointless to some, maybe.

West Bromwich Albion will never be pointless to me.

Emotionally it’s in our blood of course but we are becoming irrelevant even to our close rivals going forward.
They can have serious hopes of their clubs building on and off the pitch as they enjoy the cash being splashed around.
We seem to have little forward momentum, is there even a long term plan to make better on and off the pitch ?

I'd be happy with this, at least trying for steady progress.. not expecting the next sheikh mansour to turn up
https://twitter.com/jpercytelegraph/stat...91428?s=21

New problems for Derby...
(11-05-2020, 09:37 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
MassDebater Wrote:Let's just hope Derby get relegated before they can invest in players then! I fuggin' hate Derby. Mind you, they can't sell their ground again, i guess?

Could they buy it back at a bargain price then sell it again? Does that particular loophole exist?

Maybe, isn't that what Wednesday have done?
I would posit that it is football that has become pointless rather than our club. It is no more than a plaything for the mega rich now. "It's football, but not as we know it".

On the bright side, our version of Pointless doesn't include Richard Osman or Alexander fookin Armstrong (yet!).