Quality of coaching?
How many players would you say have improved since this time last season.

Certainly Connor Townsend has, but him aside not sure anyone else is a better player now than they were then . 

When it comes to discussing Bilic's future with the club , that's a real problem for me.
Matt Phryup?
This is my biggest concern.

Can't say anyone has really improved, Townsend has stepped up a lot in his time here, but then reading about him, he is an extremely driven individual who probably doesn't need heavy coaching.
I would argue that Johnstone has improved since promotion.
Gibbs was our favourite player not long back. Now look where he is.

(11-02-2020, 08:23 PM)Duffers Wrote: I would argue that Johnstone has improved since promotion.

I’d argue he’s had to.
(11-02-2020, 08:27 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Gibbs was our favourite player not long back. Now look where he is.

(11-02-2020, 08:23 PM)Duffers Wrote: I would argue that Johnstone has improved since promotion.

I’d argue he’s had to.

Plenty of practise
The fact that Sawyers, Phillips, Livermore and Grosicki have become such utterly useless passengers when they were quality Championship players / lower half Prem players not so long ago speaks volumes.

Also, the players always look less fit than the opposition which is inexcusable.

To me, Bilic is a Pardew or Robson. Not much clue - spend a bit, try a few things and it might come good. A good manager has a plan and slots his pieces into the jigsaw.
(11-02-2020, 08:34 PM)clem4england Wrote: The fact that Sawyers, Phillips, Livermore and Grosicki have become such utterly useless passengers when they were quality Championship players / lower half Prem players not so long ago speaks volumes.

Also, the players always look less fit than the opposition which is inexcusable.

To me, Bilic is a Pardew or Robson. Not much clue - spend a bit, try a few things and it might come good. A good manager has a plan and slots his pieces into the jigsaw.

I'm inclined to agree.
(11-02-2020, 08:39 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:34 PM)clem4england Wrote: The fact that Sawyers, Phillips, Livermore and Grosicki have become such utterly useless passengers when they were quality Championship players / lower half Prem players not so long ago speaks volumes.

I'm inclined to agree.

The fitness and lack of organisation is absolutely inexcusable. The buck stops with him and his coaches 

Unfortunately we resemble West Ham in his last days there - with worse fugging players.
(11-02-2020, 08:48 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 08:39 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

I'm inclined to agree.

The fitness and lack of organisation is absolutely inexcusable. The buck stops with him and his coaches 

Unfortunately we resemble West Ham in his last days there - with worse fugging players.

And yet, had we won tonight, which most predicted, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Fine margains... The only certainty here is that the club have not backed the manager and us, the fans, with players who can make a fist of it.

Let's be honest, we weren't good enough against QPR and fell over the line. These are the same players. What did anyone expect?  Really? We can bang on about heart and desire - and that's the sound of dying but we all know that money and talent are King in this division.

Or we can get a divisive figure like Pulis or Pearson to paper over the cracks and people still moan.