Greetings from Porthleven
I had heard from a pretty well-informed (and rather attractive) biomedic sort I know that it was secretly decided that Cheltenham should proceed; because at the time it was felt we needed a greater sample of cases from a sole source to isolate stronger strains for the purposes of finding a vaccine faster.

Of course, this could be total horse shit Big Grin
(11-01-2020, 09:22 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 09:12 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 08:59 PM)wba13 Wrote: This has been a crap year, but with the rate growing something had to be done , mind you it should have been done 2 weeks ago it then would have incorporated schools being off for at least a week. But the buffoon that millions voted into power does it again just like the first lockdown and leaves it to late  Remember Liverpool and Cheltenham. I still believe to my dying day 20,000 lives would have been saved stopping those two events. But I’m just someone who knows fuck all.

Add to that the thousands that flocked to Brum after the St Paddy's day parade had been cancelled with their 'it won't spoil my fun' attitude!

Your right baggpuss forgot about that.

And the thousands at the BLM protests etc.... Oh sorry, not supposed to bring them up as a possible cause of virus spread are we... There was a guy from Bradford (or similar) on the BBC site the other day who said every street around them had loads of families that had it or still had it, he blamed the Eat Out scheme... I thought yeah nowt to do with flagrant disregard for the regulations from certain areas of the populace is it.
Fulham Fallout Wrote:
Cunninghamismagic Wrote:Crazy that businesses (pubs, gyms etc) have spent vast amounts to comply with Covid rules and social distancing yet will be closed. Yet University's and schools will be kept open with little or no social distancing taking place.

Where’s the stats on how many people caught Covid in a restaurant or pub post lockdown #1

They say you need to be within 1 metre From someone who has Covid for 15 mins to catch it.  So how many times when shopping for non essential items do you stand next to someone within 1m for 15 minutes?  

Absolute crock (Kroc) of shite

That pie chart thing they wheel out now and again shows covid cases from hospitality is just 3%. Closing them and leaving schools and uni's open will achieve close to nothing.