The anonymity of life outside the Prem
Just looked at the Championship table and had barely any idea until then of what was going on. It’s not easy to keep in touch.
Outside the Prem the football world is completely ignorant and the second strongest league may as well be Div 7 of the Walsall and District under 9s.
The ignorance is part of the reason why we had that idiotic Sun headline about our match v Brighton. They clearly seem to think we’re the same side as under Pulis and really can’t be bothered to find out otherwise, probably donating pages to Klopp’s latest witticisms.
Outside the glamour clubs the media just don’t have a clue. The pundits even demonstrate it. 
Oh for the days when Div 2, as it was, actually had games on the likes of Match of the Day. 
I’m totally fed up with the Prem already and putting us on at 530 on a Monday 3 times in a row just cements this.
Just been texting a mate in Norwich, Canary fan, and he was saying exactly the same. 
Modern football has gone to hell but we’re stuck in this shit pit. Don’t know how it’ll change!
We're only here for the money Spandau. We may well be relevant again next year.  Big Grin

I've still been watching EFL on Quest by the way. That show is a breath of fresh air. No pretentions. No media love-in. Just goals, facts and a bit of humour.
Me and Duffers seem to be having the same thoughts at the same time. I guess many others are as well.
(10-24-2020, 08:56 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Me and Duffers seem to be having the same thoughts at the same time. I guess many others are as well.

You're morphing into one.

The Pereira and Kroc of WBAunofficial.

#pomance
TBH whatever division we are in I pay attention to, any that we're not I don't. Last year I paid no heed to the Prem, except for hoping Seal got splattered, unfortunately it was impossible to completely avoid the Klopp wankfest.
(10-24-2020, 08:21 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Just looked at the Championship table and had barely any idea until then of what was going on. It’s not easy to keep in touch.
Outside the Prem the football world is completely ignorant and the second strongest league may as well be Div 7 of the Walsall and District under 9s.
The ignorance is part of the reason why we had that idiotic Sun headline about our match v Brighton. They clearly seem to think we’re the same side as under Pulis and really can’t be bothered to find out otherwise, probably donating pages to Klopp’s latest witticisms.
Outside the glamour clubs the media just don’t have a clue. The pundits even demonstrate it. 
Oh for the days when Div 2, as it was, actually had games on the likes of Match of the Day. 
I’m totally fed up with the Prem already and putting us on at 530 on a Monday 3 times in a row just cements this.
Just been texting a mate in Norwich, Canary fan, and he was saying exactly the same. 
Modern football has gone to hell but we’re stuck in this shit pit. Don’t know how it’ll change!

The 'media' are only generally interested in the 'big' clubs because it's all about maximising profits and so they aim for those with the biggest fanbases/global coverage.  

That reporter in the sun should really be shot for talking about us in such a derogatory fashion.  No-one other than Albion or Burnley fans are even going to consider watching it so what's his fckn problem, twat.  I mean it's not as if they don't know we haven't got a pot to piss in and will inevitably struggle, is it?  Also did any of the idiots actually watch us last season when for the most part we were the most attractive side in the division. 

That's why it will be sweet when we prove the fuckers wrong and every point against the big-boys is a massive moral victory for us and we should swamp national radio whenever we do just to rub it in their fat, deluded, entitled faces.
(10-24-2020, 08:21 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Just looked at the Championship table and had barely any idea until then of what was going on. It’s not easy to keep in touch.

The chump is much superior and a far better league as it's far more even and not dominated by a few teams with ridiculous amounts of money. The top league also used to be more like this until the last 20-30 years