Is anyone really that surprised we didn’t sign anyone on deadline day?
To be honest I’m not. I thought we may get one in but am not surprised as we’ve not seriously been linked with anything solid from abroad like we were with Pereira last year. It is clear that our main targets are from the Championship. There is no game until after the next window shuts. If Grant plus one other on loan aren’t in by then that’s when I’ll be pissed off. It’s clear there is no significant dollar available, whether it’s to save jobs or not. Nothing’s changed there.

Yesterday was always going to be a non event so I’m not sweating it!
I was not surprised at all. I said yesterday morning we would not do any business until the second deadline. I am now expecting two or three new faces through the door by 5pm on the 16th.
I don't want to come over all FF, when I say I posted a few days ago, that I was expecting to sign fuck all on deadline day, so I wouldn't be dissapointed, but has it happens I did, & I wasn't.   Rolleyes
(10-06-2020, 11:32 AM)Psalm23 Wrote: I don't want to come over all FF, when I say I posted a few days ago, that I was expecting to sign fuck all on deadline day, so I wouldn't be dissapointed, but has it happens I did, & I wasn't.   Rolleyes

Arf, well I don’t want to keep repeating myself.  There have been so many threads of late with the same topic.
A little surprised Dowling didn't pull a loan out of the bag and we've clearly missed a massive opportunity. 

So we couldn't find a right back on loan from Europe or the Prem to improve that position?   Rolleyes

Just 10 days of this poxy window nonsense to go.
Nope - not surprised at all. Hugely disappointed, but entirely expected.
No surprise at all. Gone are the days of buying players for the sake of it. The ones that we went for either went somewhere else, stayed where they are or we didn't want them. The multitude of reasons for these choices are irrelevant. Some windows we win and some we lose. Enjoy what we have while it's here. You were begging for this during the time of Tone.
No, I'm not. Luke Dowling doesn't look abroad.
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
(10-06-2020, 12:20 PM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: No surprise at all. Gone are the days of buying players for the sake of it. The ones that we went for either went somewhere else, stayed where they are or we didn't want them. The multitude of reasons for these choices are irrelevant. Some windows we win and some we lose. Enjoy what we have while it's here. You were begging for this during the time of Tone.

Who was?