Austin to beef up Derby's attack
according to the Derby telegraph. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/f...in-4576593

Thanks for the 5 minutes at Blose Charlie.  All the best.
A move for Austin would be a huge coup for Derby! Oh my, they don't know how shot he is do they?
He might do a job for them. He may have something left in the tank, but never worked out for us and him.
(10-05-2020, 12:55 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: He might do a job for them. He may have something left in the tank, but never worked out for us and him.

I dunno, another year on £50k per week probably made him happier with us than we are with him!
Decent service to him may have helped a bit more...eg like at Blues.
Daint mess about with those two. When 2 of ur midfielders can only pass sideways n backards it doe help.
I get we need to move him on, but he did help us get promoted. Austin was our leading scorer, and his "goals per minute" was actually #1 in the Championship last season. In our style of play we need a more mobile striker with pace than Austin is at this point in his career, so I agree with bringing in new guys. However Austin can still score, and if put in a position as a "in the box" type guy he will score goals at a rate at the top of the Championship (which seem to be what Derby needs).
(10-05-2020, 01:34 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: I get we need to move him on, but he did help us get promoted. Austin was our leading scorer, and his "goals per minute" was actually #1 in the Championship last season. In our style of play we need a more mobile striker with pace than Austin is at this point in his career, so I agree with bringing in new guys. However Austin can still score, and if put in a position as a "in the box" type guy he will score goals at a rate at the top of the Championship (which seem to be what Derby needs).

You his agent Scot?    Wink
Big Grin 
(10-05-2020, 01:56 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 01:34 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: I get we need to move him on, but he did help us get promoted. Austin was our leading scorer, and his "goals per minute" was actually #1 in the Championship last season. In our style of play we need a more mobile striker with pace than Austin is at this point in his career, so I agree with bringing in new guys. However Austin can still score, and if put in a position as a "in the box" type guy he will score goals at a rate at the top of the Championship (which seem to be what Derby needs).

You his agent Scot?    Wink

I wish with his wages. I definitely would not be sitting here typing on this board right now. Big Grin
Interesting comment on the link:
"If this comes to pass then he’s got the potential to be a great acquisition- as long as there’s a plan B for when he’s unfit."

I don't remember a time last season where I'd have called him fit, tbh.
(10-05-2020, 03:10 PM)albionpeej Wrote: Interesting comment on the link:
"If this comes to pass then he’s got the potential to be a great acquisition- as long as there’s a plan B for when he’s unfit."

I don't remember a time last season where I'd have called him fit, tbh.

Think they're being nice, it should've have said as long as there's a plan B for when he's too fat

Easy typo to make!