Brewster's millions
23.5m - Brewster signs for Sheff U.

Burkey on his way?  Big Grin

Makes Grant look a bargain at 18m.
(10-02-2020, 09:42 AM)Hopalong Wrote: 23.5m - Brewster signs for Sheff U.

Really? 
I think Brewster is a cracking player and one that Sheff Utd will do very well with.
That's a lot of dough for a 20yr old who's never really played a lot of top level football
I think it's probably about the going rate, given how well Brewster played last season his potential is monumental and he could easily become worth a lot more than that in a couple of years.

However, the question is whether he can contribute enough this season to keep them up. I think that will depend on the amount of support he has from the other attackers. I don't think he's good enough to carry them by himself.
I guess with Watkins going for 28-33m and now this you can understand Hudds digging their heels.
(10-02-2020, 09:55 AM)billybassett Wrote: That's a lot of dough for a 20yr old who's never really played a lot of top level football

So is £18m for Grady...
(10-02-2020, 09:55 AM)billybassett Wrote: That's a lot of dough for a 20yr old who's never really played a lot of top level football

How much did we pay for Diangana...

Brewster has all the attributes to be a top striker... only have to see the impact Greenwood at United.

I think Sheff Utd have got a very good deal - he was comfortably the best striker in the division last season during his 20 games or so at Swansea.

Liverpool will no doubt have a very tidy buy-back clause on this deal.

Surprised Gammon didn't try to out-spunk them.
Sheff Utd are gonna struggle this year i reckon.
(10-02-2020, 10:21 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Surprised Gammon didn't try to out-spunk them.

You'd have to be insane to think that 11m for Barkley for a year is a better investment than Brewster for 23.5m. Even moreso when you consider that their backup striker has scored 2 goals in 58 career appearances vs the relative strength of their midfielders.