Covid track & trace app
(10-01-2020, 08:31 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 08:18 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 08:11 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 08:05 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Just out of curiosity why not?

Because I’m 95% certain I’ve already had it and therefore do not want to be told to self isolate for 14 days when I am immune already. 

And I’m not going to privately pay for an anti body test when you are not excluded from anything if it comes back positive. If being positive meant I could give my mom a hug and a kiss at her care home then I would pay to have the anti body test.

FF that is one selfish act  ......all the best to your mother

We have all lived without the app for over 6 months

And look how well we’ve done.
Bottom line is we are approaching winter where all of the hospitals will have to cope with the usual”winter pressures”, plus this year Covid on top. If people adhere to advice and also use the app and isolate as necessary (which I agree is a ballache) we stand a better chance of keeping the r rating down and getting through the winter without over straining the NHS and keep people alive both who have Covid and also as importantly keep people alive who have other illnesses. It’s a small sacrifice in my opinion for one winter when there will be an immunisation process in play next year.

Personally I don’t see what the issue is.
(10-01-2020, 08:58 AM)JOK Wrote: This thread is indicative of society in general. What chance has the government, NHS or anyone else got when there are such selfish, thoughtless and ignorant effin tossers abound?
People refuse to social distance, refuse to wear masks, refuse to answer 'Tracking' phone calls or still no isolate when they do. There was even a story yesterday of some 20 something selfish thick git who decided, before she travelled to Spain, because she needed a holiday (don't we all.) that she was not going to isolate when she returned home and was happy to admit it. All these people have no justification for criticising lock down measures and the length of time they are in force as it's mostly these selfish ignoramuses that are responsible.

The fact that it is mostly the young that are contracting it and they don't suffer is totally  irrelevant, they can still transmit it to others, whether directly to the old and infirm or to their careers who can then pass it on, seems to go over some people's tiny selfish, I'm alright jack brains . FFS.  

Seems Thatcher was correct, there is no society.

+1
Got it.

It's terrible as an app looking through the bugs. Why our government didn't just use the Google and iOS app i don't know, we've made a worse one.

Still, it's best people use it.

Because I’m 95% certain I’ve already had it and therefore do not want to be told to self isolate for 14 days when I am immune already. 

And I’m not going to privately pay for an anti body test when you are not excluded from anything if it comes back positive. If being positive meant I could give my mom a hug and a kiss at her care home then I would pay to have the anti body test.

Apart from the 60k that haven't lived

(10-01-2020, 08:58 AM)JOK Wrote: This thread is indicative of society in general. What chance has the government, NHS or anyone else got when there are such selfish, thoughtless and ignorant effin tossers abound?
People refuse to social distance, refuse to wear masks, refuse to answer 'Tracking' phone calls or still no isolate when they do. There was even a story yesterday of some 20 something selfish thick git who decided, before she travelled to Spain, because she needed a holiday (don't we all.) that she was not going to isolate when she returned home and was happy to admit it. All these people have no justification for criticising lock down measures and the length of time they are in force as it's mostly these selfish ignoramuses that are responsible.

The fact that it is mostly the young that are contracting it and they don't suffer is totally  irrelevant, they can still transmit it to others, whether directly to the old and infirm or to their careers who can then pass it on, seems to go over some people's tiny selfish, I'm alright jack brains . FFS.  

All true JOK. All I need is for someone to mention Sweden now and that should finish this off.
(10-01-2020, 09:20 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

I’m not going to turn this thread into a political discussion.
Unfortunately, and I do to a degree understand that there is an I’m alright Jack approach to certain things around the virus but the bigger picture needs to be reviewed. We don’t want to go back into a state of lockdown. Ask people undergoing cancer treatment if they want their treatment put on hold because of this. There are bigger things at play than contracting the virus itself (which is bad enough). If I can help that in anyway possible by utilising an app or self isolating if I have to then I will do. For some people like self employed I see there is another side to the coin but also the sooner we do what is necessary the less rules will apply. It really is that simple.
(10-01-2020, 09:23 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 08:18 AM)The liquidator Wrote: FF that is one selfish act  ......all the best to your mother

60 thousand people dying is not political, it's people dying. It's simply selfish to say I don't want to do this because I don't believe it to be true, for some reason you are sure that having had Covid you are now immune - we don't know that, no-one on the planet knows that, it may be true but you are stating it as a fact to support your need to do what you want.
(10-01-2020, 08:11 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Because I’m 95% certain I’ve already had it and therefore do not want to be told to self isolate for 14 days when I am immune already. 

What’s political about 60,000 people dying?

All true JOK. All I need is for someone to mention Sweden now and that should finish this off.

(10-01-2020, 08:18 AM)The liquidator Wrote: FF that is one selfish act  ......all the best to your mother

60 thousand people dying is not political, it's people dying. It's simply selfish to say I don't want to do this because I don't believe it to be true, for some reason you are sure that having had Covid you are now immune - we don't know that, no-one on the planet knows that, it may be true but you are stating it as a fact to support your need to do what you want.

Care homes is where a lot, a hell of lot of people died as a result of sending elderly from hospitals to care homes without testing them.  It was well known the elderly were in the high risk category and yet this was allowed to happen.