Covid track & trace app
(10-02-2020, 03:10 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 03:03 PM)waffle Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 02:59 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: And you being so helpful have enlightened us all with the facts?? 

Go for it... what are the facts as I’m entrigued.

And re keeping up. I’m getting a bit pissed of with rules changing every week 

Anyhow, post something useful for a change and enlighten us.

I have on post 125. 

I'm not going to play a lose-lose game because we all know I could never be as helpful as you.

Bluetooth?? Hahaha. clown. That’s why the 1at app was scrapped. Now go do your homework as this app does not use Bluetooth.

"The app will then ask for permission to use Bluetooth to carry out automatic contact tracing, as well as the ability to receive notifications, should someone you have been near report symptoms or have a positive test returned."
(10-02-2020, 03:10 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Bluetooth?? Hahaha. clown. That’s why the 1at app was scrapped. Now go do your homework as this app does not use Bluetooth.

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/information/nhs-...-explainer

How does the Bluetooth contact tracing work?

The app uses digital contact tracing to alert you if you've been in contact with another app user who has tested positive for coronavirus. It works like this:
  • Once you’ve installed the app on your phone, it can detect if other phones that are also running the app are nearby. It does this by using the Google Apple Exposure Notification (GAEN) API, which sends random identifiers using Bluetooth Low-Energy. These random identifiers are anonymous and change every 10-20 minutes.
  • Importantly, the GAEN API measures how close it is has been to other phones running the app, and for how long.
  • If you request a test through the app and test positive (or choose to submit a positive test result code) you will be asked to send your random identifiers (technically called diagnosis keys) from the past 14 days to the NHS.
  • These diagnosis keys are distributed to all other app users, which are used to check if you've been near someone who has tested positive for coronavirus.
  • If you have been near someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, you are notified and asked to self-isolate.
(10-02-2020, 03:15 PM)waffle Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 03:10 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Bluetooth?? Hahaha. clown. That’s why the 1at app was scrapped. Now go do your homework as this app does not use Bluetooth.

The app uses digital contact tracing to alert you if you've been in contact with another app user who has tested positive for coronavirus. It works like this:
  • Once you’ve installed the app on your phone, it can detect if other phones that are also running the app are nearby. It does this by using the Google Apple Exposure Notification (GAEN) API, which sends random identifiers using Bluetooth Low-Energy. These random identifiers are anonymous and change every 10-20 minutes.
  • Importantly, the GAEN API measures how close it is has been to other phones running the app, and for how long.
  • If you request a test through the app and test positive (or choose to submit a positive test result code) you will be asked to send your random identifiers (technically called diagnosis keys) from the past 14 days to the NHS.
  • These diagnosis keys are distributed to all other app users, which are used to check if you've been near someone who has tested positive for coronavirus.
  • If you have been near someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, you are notified and asked to self-isolate.

Having read the above..I apologise.  What I read why the 1st app was scrapped was due to using Bluetooth and reducing battery life in addition to data security issues. 

But what so don’t understand is why then is there a need to scan your phone at a destination?’ Also, as the incubation period varies between people (average 5-7 days, max 14! days) then potentially more people than necessary will need tests and to self isolate whilst waiting for a test and the test results .
Because if someone tests positive there is no way of identifying if they carried it into a premises or picked it up from there.

Example: Asymptomatic carrier goes in at 10am and infects the waitress (with covid obvs) and leaves, you arrive at 4pm and the same waitress who is now infected serves you and infects you. Or another example, if an asymptomatic waitress infects multiple people in one day and only one of those gets symptoms, the rest need to isolate to avoid spreading it even if they show no symptoms.
(10-02-2020, 03:26 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Because if someone tests positive there is no way of identifying if they carried it into a premises or picked it up from there.

Example: Asymptomatic carrier goes in at 10am and infects the waitress (with covid obvs) and leaves, you arrive at 4pm and the same waitress who is now infected serves you and infects you. Or another example, if an asymptomatic waitress infects multiple people in one day and only one of those gets symptoms, the rest need to isolate to avoid spreading it even if they show no symptoms.

This app is going to ruin my visits to Hooters  Tongue
(10-02-2020, 03:36 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 03:26 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Because if someone tests positive there is no way of identifying if they carried it into a premises or picked it up from there.

I was typing something earlier to my daughter and it auto corrected to Hooters, luckily i noticed before i sent it  Big Grin 

That's the 2nd reference to the esteemed restaurant / bar chain with a specific dress code in a day, I must visit again soon.
(10-02-2020, 03:36 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote:

I wouldn't mind 'infecting' a few!

[Image: Hooters-1.jpg]

(10-02-2020, 03:24 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 03:15 PM)waffle Wrote:

Having read the above..I apologise.  What I read why the 1st app was scrapped was due to using Bluetooth and reducing battery life in addition to data security issues. 

But what so don’t understand is why then is there a need to scan your phone at a destination?’ Also, as the incubation period varies between people (average 5-7 days, max 14! days) then potentially more people than necessary will need tests and to self isolate whilst waiting for a test and the test results .

This vehicle is REVERSING!  Big Grin

(10-02-2020, 04:08 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 09:08 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 07:46 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 06:59 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 06:55 PM)Duffers Wrote: You’re right, I wouldn’t. But that’s mainly because I wouldn’t be able to get a word in above all the aggressive self-promotion.

Know your name I see Big Grin

Duffs,

I comply with the  requirement for Covid, face masks, social distancing, no one allowed into my house and I don’t go to any one else’s house. I don’t even go to a pub to see my mates. I hardly see anyone and keep well away from people when I do have a 5 min chat.

Well congratulations for doing what you are supposed to do. Leave your address below and I’ll ensure your medal gets to you.

The last six months have been fucking shit, but still I have followed every rule and guidance issued. My son was born a week after the full lockdown started, I was allowed in the delivery for an hour before the birth and an hour afterwards, then I had to leave him and my wife and couldn’t return until it was time to pick them up two days later. My parents are considered high risk due to medical conditions and couldn’t see their new grandson for four months. I know three close friends who have lost parents to it. I’ve got mates I haven’t seen in half a year. I had months of working from home in a small flat with a newborn and a hyperactive toddler which has had a seriously adverse effect professionally. Not being able to go anywhere or do anything for months, constantly worrying on the rare occasions that we do go out what my daughter is doing and touching... The summer was a write-off, I was meant to be best man at my mate’s wedding - cancelled. Had tickets for Glasto’s 50th anniversary, the Euros and some cool gigs - all gone. The whole thing has been an absolute nightmare and has taken quite a heavy toll on my mental health, which is partly why I’ve been grumpier than usual in recent months. It’s been shit but still I have followed the rules because it has been the right thing to do.

And this isn’t just about me, up and down the country there are millions of people having similar experiences. Which is why I am willing to embrace anything that can help end this shitshow sooner or at least alleviate the threat of another full lockdown.

If this app can save one life then it’s worth downloading. If someone won’t download it because they think they’re ok then I’m entitled to think they’re a selfish cunt. If someone won’t download it because of some spurious (unproven) bullshit about being immune then they’re a stupid selfish cunt.
Top post suffers hope your feeling better soon .

Can't believe no one else picked up on this. 

Freudian slip? Big Grin

I see.

I'm sure we are all consolidated in our well wishes to all posters during this stressful time. Duffers highlighted his own plight and quite rightly stated that his problems are shared by millions across the country.

Download the app. It has its problems but like wearing a face mask on a bus or in a shop it's the right thing to do.
(10-01-2020, 06:55 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 06:16 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Oh, and the board’s little. Loud mouthed, bald headed prick thinks I’m a selfish cunt. But he won’t say that to my face, nor 2m away Big Grin

You’re right, I wouldn’t. But that’s mainly because I wouldn’t be able to get a word in above all the aggressive self-promotion.

Duffs,

I comply with the  requirement for Covid, face masks, social distancing, no one allowed into my house and I don’t go to any one else’s house. I don’t even go to a pub to see my mates. I hardly see anyone and keep well away from people when I do have a 5 min chat.

Well congratulations for doing what you are supposed to do. Leave your address below and I’ll ensure your medal gets to you.

The last six months have been fucking shit, but still I have followed every rule and guidance issued. My son was born a week after the full lockdown started, I was allowed in the delivery for an hour before the birth and an hour afterwards, then I had to leave him and my wife and couldn’t return until it was time to pick them up two days later. My parents are considered high risk due to medical conditions and couldn’t see their new grandson for four months. I know three close friends who have lost parents to it. I’ve got mates I haven’t seen in half a year. I had months of working from home in a small flat with a newborn and a hyperactive toddler which has had a seriously adverse effect professionally. Not being able to go anywhere or do anything for months, constantly worrying on the rare occasions that we do go out what my daughter is doing and touching... The summer was a write-off, I was meant to be best man at my mate’s wedding - cancelled. Had tickets for Glasto’s 50th anniversary, the Euros and some cool gigs - all gone. The whole thing has been an absolute nightmare and has taken quite a heavy toll on my mental health, which is partly why I’ve been grumpier than usual in recent months. It’s been shit but still I have followed the rules because it has been the right thing to do.

And this isn’t just about me, up and down the country there are millions of people having similar experiences. Which is why I am willing to embrace anything that can help end this shitshow sooner or at least alleviate the threat of another full lockdown.

If this app can save one life then it’s worth downloading. If someone won’t download it because they think they’re ok then I’m entitled to think they’re a selfish cunt. If someone won’t download it because of some spurious (unproven) bullshit about being immune then they’re a stupid selfish cunt.

Freudian slip? Big Grin
(10-02-2020, 04:08 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 06:55 PM)Duffers Wrote: You’re right, I wouldn’t. But that’s mainly because I wouldn’t be able to get a word in above all the aggressive self-promotion.

Duffs,

Freudian slip? Big Grin

If I ever get canned I know who I’m coming back as.
I'm not that clever to be so humorous.