Covid track & trace app
(10-01-2020, 10:47 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 06:16 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 06:01 PM)The liquidator Wrote: He has had covid but without the test he isnt doing track and trace as he cant get it ever again .

A good summary China apart from the “ever again” as I didn’t say that, but to date, what I did say is that world wide  no one has caught it twice.

Oh, and the board’s little. Loud mouthed, bald headed prick thinks I’m a selfish cunt. But he won’t say that to my face, nor 2m away Big Grin

Oi, I’m neither loud mouthed or bald headed.

Got the App and use it, why wouldn’t you?

It does have a few problems though, you can’t “check out” of places which means visiting at 10am could coincide with a 10pm person who tests positive.  It doesn’t engender confidence and gives the selfish cunts like FF enough wriggle room to refuse to use it.

I also don’t really like the insidious way it’s tracking my movements and sending those to a data centre somewhere.  We’ll probably all get spammed to shit for years to come from these places when the inevitable data breach happens.

You’d think a  little inconvenience for the greater good, the greater good, wouodn’t be too much to ask from people but it seems it is.

FF, I’ll look forward to you regaling us in a few years with one of your tales of heroism against the back drop of CoVid.  That or spunking over some poor young polish tart in your speados.

Google or Apple already are, as is Facebook if you have it.
Only if you have certain settings allowed. You can reduce the amount of data Google and the rest collect.
(10-02-2020, 06:25 AM)Morley Wrote: Only if you have certain settings allowed. You can reduce the amount of data Google and the rest collect.

Trust me, it doesn't stop it.

If you don't want to be tracked, don't have a smart phone  and never use the Internet.
I know it doesn't stop it but it does reduce it.
I can't install it on my i-phone 6+, as the latest software available for it is ios 12.48, whilst the app requires 13.5 or higher, sorry I would install it, but I ain't upgrading my phone, guess I'll just have to stay in.
(10-02-2020, 06:42 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 06:25 AM)Morley Wrote: Only if you have certain settings allowed. You can reduce the amount of data Google and the rest collect.

Trust me, it doesn't stop it.

If you don't want to be tracked, don't have a smart phone  and never use the Internet.

You’re tracking us all now Birdy, aren’t you?
I was in a bar earlier today in a walk and had a coffee. I had to sign in manually (or option to scan using the app). Whilst sitting there I realised there is a major fundamental flaw in the process (both manually and the app).

I was in there at 11am and wrote my name and contact details and left 30 mins later. If someone goes In there at 8pm tonight and is subsequently tested positive with Covid. EVERYONE, who went to that bar today regardless of time will be told to self isolate until can be tested and get test results back. It should be people who were in there when the positive person came in and all those after.
Both the manual process and the app do not resurrect you to sign out.

What a load of shite.
(10-02-2020, 01:49 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I was in a bar earlier today in a walk and had a coffee.  I had to sign in manually (or option to scan using the app).  Whilst sitting there I realised there is a major fundamental flaw in the process (both manually and the app). 

I was in there at 11am and wrote my name and contact details and left 30 mins later. If someone goes In there at 8pm tonight and is subsequently tested positive with Covid. EVERYONE, who went to that bar today regardless of time will be told to self isolate until can be tested and get test results back.  It should be people who were in there when the positive person came in and all those after. 
Both the manual process and the app do not resurrect you to sign out.

What a load of shite.

I thought it logged the distance between your phone and the positive result persons phone - so surely there would be no relevant relationship in the example
It will do that's why it asks what table your sitting at .....it did at the cricketers arms .if anyone got it at table 2 you are nowhere near them.
if someone who has gone in 7 and a half hours after you and later tests positive then you have no idea where they picked it up. They could have picked it up at the bar from a 'superspreader' that was working behind the bar, and that super spreader served you earlier in the day. All they know is that this person who has tested positive has been to places, and to reduce spread all people that have been to that place around the same time / day could also have picked it up, and to reduce spread they will need to self isolate.

Blame the government for the absolute shambles we are in now, but unfortunately it is where we are at. Just as long as you remember it when they next ask for your vote.