Snitching - Acceptable or not...
(09-30-2020, 11:18 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 11:08 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 10:49 AM)wba13 Wrote: I think it is totally the right thing to do. The parents have no thought for safety or respect for people’s property. They think they are right to say I will only be a minute and when they come back and find themselves blocked in by the person who’s house  it is they flip a lid and it’s your fault. Then in Temper they drive down the pavement not giving to hoots for safety. They bock school drives , park on the yellow zig zag lines on the pavement. How do I know this well it happened to my Daughter when she lived opposite Worlds end Infant and Junior school.they even parked on her drive , when her husband came home he blocked her in and she wasn’t able to move for an hour. A lot of parents couldn’t care less.

Agree.

I live on a road with a school and despite numerous attempts to close off the road and stop parents dropping off it always fails as there’s no enforcement. Initiatives stay in place for a couple days then one parent flouts then rules and it returns to normal.

Local supermarkets and pubs (a 5 min walk away) have offered free use of their car parks for drop offs and there’s been a well documented campaign showing how dangerous the air pollution from the loitering cars for 30 mins either side of open/closing time, but people just don’t seem to care. The backlog it causes in the local streets too means if anyone ever needed an emergency service at this time they’d never make it through. 

All for this!

Get some cones outside your house ......sod them idle gits

It doesn’t really bother me, I bought the house knowing there was a school there so can’t then moan about the fact the road is rammed for 30 mins a day... I’m usually at work when it happens anyway.

A skip being delivered at 8.45 outside my house one morning was fun... the idle fuckers had to walk then!
Slash their tyres.
I don't doubt the incosiderate nature of the parking, I've both witnessed it and probably on occasion done it myself (quickly pull over and kick the kids out whilst holding up the traffic behind).

It's one reason i wouldn't buy a house so near to a school.

The bigger question is that is it right that the police are requesting that teachers and neighbours take photos and for them to be forwarded on to the police? Are we policing ourselves now? How long before the first photo-shop of a car outside a school...
(09-30-2020, 10:49 AM)wba13 Wrote: I think it is totally the right thing to do. The parents have no thought for safety or respect for people’s property. They think they are right to say I will only be a minute and when they come back and find themselves blocked in by the person who’s house  it is they flip a lid and it’s your fault. Then in Temper they drive down the pavement not giving to hoots for safety. They bock school drives , park on the yellow zig zag lines on the pavement. How do I know this well it happened to my Daughter when she lived opposite Worlds end Infant and Junior school.they even parked on her drive , when her husband came home he blocked her in and she wasn’t able to move for an hour. A lot of parents couldn’t care less.
My old school Big Grin if your daughter lived opposite that school then she has my sympathy. Its a nightmare down there it really is.
CA Baggie Wrote:I don't doubt the incosiderate nature of the parking, I've both witnessed it and probably on occasion done it myself (quickly pull over and kick the kids out whilst holding up the traffic behind).

It's one reason i wouldn't buy a house so near to a school.

The bigger question is that is it right that the police are requesting that teachers and neighbours take photos and for them to be forwarded on to the police?  Are we policing ourselves now? How long before the first photo-shop of a car outside a school...

As a society we've always reported things to the Police, for instance crimes in progress. With smartphones now everybody is also videoing things as they happen.

The Police would appear to think this is a criminal matter rather than a civil matter, which may be the more pertinent question.
(09-30-2020, 11:49 AM)hudds Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 11:10 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 10:52 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 10:44 AM)baggie_ray Wrote: Is it because more pupils live further away than back in the day? Certainly there's plenty of school kids catch buses. It may also be there being less cars per household and less opportunity for parents to ferry their children round back then.

Suppose but primary schools are still all over the place. Unless you're somewhere really rural I can't imagine many folks would be more than a 15 minute walk from a primary school.

Perhaps an indication of the annual shambles that is the allocation of school places.
Living further away from schools, abysmal public transport, two working parents, increase fear due to kids mugging other kids for phones- combine it together and this is 2020 v 1980.
It doesn't wholly explain it.  I think it's the prevalence of cars and expectation also. From 1969,  I used to walk about 5 miles round trip to secondary school and others further (primary school was about two miles).  Some used buses and a few parents dropped kids off but the line of kids going to school was overwhelmingly pedestrian.  There were always warning to kids not to talk to strangers or accept rides in the 1960s, so such concerns aren't new.  The casual endemic youth violence of those times was grim, too.  So pulp series of "Skinhead" books and thee like were consumed off conveyer belts.  Not muggings, just regular ambushes and a ferocious kicking.   Nobody had the protection of a car. 

Mek 'em walk.
Mix it all together and you can see why it happens though. We have no bus stop anywhere near us, possibly 2 miles away, and our kids go to school 5 miles away. We actually work from home, but during the week one of us works from a hotel in Solihull centre, a 10 min walk from their school so they walk to us and we don't cram up the streets and they get some exercise.
Equally, you can see why houses close to good schools are expensive.
Hopefully more working from home will mean going forward schools are not so populated with exasperated mums.
Incidentally both of our kids are slim and fit.
i bought a house near a large primary school (3 classes per year) and expected some traffic disruption so no big deal, i thought.

but then we've had people drive into our neighbours wall and blame the wall for scratching their car.

one drive down my neighbours lawn and stop centimetres from her big bay window.

people park on our drive then argue the toss when you ask them to move.  Blocking the driveway, that's just to be expected.

one lady who was parked on the footpath reversed down the footpath whilst my daughter was on the footpath until i balled at her to stop to which she calmly replied, "i didn't see her"!!!!

so no i'd have no qualms in snitching, grassing, informing or telling on these idiots.

Park sensibly, leave the house 5 minutes earlier and expect to walk a few hundred yards and don't endanger the childrens lives you selfish F£$£$£$
Most primary kids are not allowed to just leave, so you have to go get them. And when your government opts to protect certain nonses opposed to prosecuting them, I would prefer the school hung on to our sprogs until we get there.

So drive or walk. Well, yeah we all walked, and aren't we great. But people have more cars in the family these days, and local councils like to fuck about with timetables and incest days to such an extent even Mo Farah would get tired walking. Combine that with most families being double-income, fake germs, weather, increased distances etc. then it's great that people still want to walk to get their kids, but it's a lot easier not to. Especially with how much busier we all are, when all there was to get home for then was something racist and not very funny on TV to watch with your meat pie.

Most secondary kids around here catch the bus anyway; parents round here can't be fucked with all that Tabatha 4x4 shit once the little cunts want to hang around afterwards going twos on Silk Cuts anyway. So until my two get to that stage, you lot can get wet and pine for the good old days; I'll get home drier and faster on the days I choose to drive.

I wouldn't buy a house near a school for the same reason I wouldn't buy one near a busy pub. People and their habits piss me off.
(09-30-2020, 02:00 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Most primary kids are not allowed to just leave, so you have to go get them. And when your government opts to protect certain nonses opposed to prosecuting them, I would prefer the school hung on to our sprogs until we get there.

So drive or walk. Well, yeah we all walked, and aren't we great. But people have more cars in the family these days, and local councils like to fuck about with timetables and incest days to such an extent even Mo Farah would get tired walking. Combine that with most families being double-income, fake germs, weather, increased distances etc. then it's great that people still want to walk to get their kids, but it's a lot easier not to. Especially with how much busier we all are, when all there was to get home for then was something racist and not very funny on TV to watch with your meat pie.

Most secondary kids around here catch the bus anyway; parents round here can't be fucked with all that Tabatha 4x4 shit once the little cunts want to hang around afterwards going twos on Silk Cuts anyway. So until my two get to that stage, you lot can get wet and pine for the good old days; I'll get home drier and faster on the days I choose to drive.

I wouldn't buy a house near a school for the same reason I wouldn't buy one near a busy pub. People and their habits piss me off.

So fuck everyone else as long as me and my family comes first..

At last someone who puts their family first on here without trying to come across all woke and self righteous.
(09-30-2020, 02:08 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 02:00 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Most primary kids are not allowed to just leave, so you have to go get them. And when your government opts to protect certain nonses opposed to prosecuting them, I would prefer the school hung on to our sprogs until we get there.

So fuck everyone else as long as me and my family comes first..

At last someone who puts their family first on here without trying to come across all woke and self righteous.

Basically, yeah! I'm divorced and outside the catchment radius. I don't need your permission to pick my kids up (unless you're offering that is!), or anybody else's.

And who fucking cares. If all people have to worry about is school parking, it's going to be an interesting winter for them, for sure.

And as for the impact on traffic, well oh no. At a time no-one has anywhere to get to in any particular hurry, I have as much sympathy for the displaced motorist who takes residential shortcuts as I do those idiots who chance the A41/M5 J1 at 4:45pm on a Saturday. Or who wait until 31st January to send in a tax return, and blame HMRC. Or wait until final call to try to board a flight they then fail to. It's all avoidable.