Face masks and speaking Polish
(09-28-2020, 08:07 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 07:09 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I was in a supermarket yesterday afternoon and I saw a polish woman I knew and said “hi” to her (in Polish) and she gave me a filthy look which I thought was strange and not like her at all. 

I saw her in another aisle and this time said hello in English only to look closer at her eyes and realise it wasn’t who I thought it was and this woman was English.   I then realised why she gave me a filthy look and I explained I thought she was a Polish woman I know and then came the difficult part to explain and convince her which, given how she was looking at me so don’t think she believed me.  I even asked her to check it out on google later.

Anyway, the informal greeting in Poland (equivalent to our “hi) is czesc! pronounced cheshhht.  Needless to say she must have thought I said chest.  FFS sake.

Who cares?

Probably the poor woman, innocently going about her shopping, who was subjected to such a deplorable thing. Words fail me.

#metoo 

#mnietez
I actually now - having reread the title but not the post again (it's too traumatic) - want to go out and buy a mask that speaks Polish.

How ace would that be? I'd feel cool on the train on Saturday evenings. And it would preclude the kind of accidental sex crimes we are all witnessing here.
(09-28-2020, 07:09 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I was in a supermarket yesterday afternoon and I saw a polish woman I knew and said “hi” to her (in Polish) and she gave me a filthy look which I thought was strange and not like her at all. 

I saw her in another aisle and this time said hello in English only to look closer at her eyes and realise it wasn’t who I thought it was and this woman was English.   I then realised why she gave me a filthy look and I explained I thought she was a Polish woman I know and then came the difficult part to explain and convince her which, given how she was looking at me so don’t think she believed me.  I even asked her to check it out on google later.

Anyway, the informal greeting in Poland (equivalent to our “hi) is czesc! pronounced cheshhht.  Needless to say she must have thought I said chest.  FFS sake.

Decent top bollocks though?
(09-28-2020, 11:35 AM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Decent top bollocks though?

przyzwoite piersi (is not someone our monitoring dept. should be paying attention to!)
(09-28-2020, 07:42 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Cool story bro.

What are your thoughts on Saturdays game. You’ve been less inactive over the weekend.

Been busy matey.  I did post on the Pereira thread and also the Robinson one praising both players and a couple of other threads.

Went out walking yesterday and the battery pack I’d taken was almost dead.  Went shopping, cooked dinner, watched a bit of a dvd and went to bed. 

Thoughts on Saturdays game is that we played very well in the first half. Exceptionally well and I was over the moon.

Second half we were on the back foot constantly having to defend finding it hard to keep possession of the ball which resulted in wave after wave of Chelsea pressure.  When their first went in they had their tails up and came at us even more.  At the final whistle I was swearing my head off as we were so close to getting those 3 points.  However, we you compare the talent in the Chelsea side and the difference between squad values we did remarkably well to get a point and even better that we managed to score 3 goals.  

I was pleased with how Robinson took both his goals and also Bartley as he has missed chances like that before but this time cooly slotted the ball home.

If we can continue to play like we did in the first half then we won’t be relegated. So whilst initial disappointment, I have to me happy with the point. 

Them are my onions.